The two brother gasped horrifyingly and stared at each other with wide eyes. The elder one signing other to keep silent while the younger one only drained himself from coughing harder.

"Get on the tree or we will end up being a mass of rotten flesh with dirtied blood for the whole village to mourn over. Get up, Erasmus." The young man of twenty summers didn't wait to follow his brother's warning and jumped on the very tree they were taking breath under.

"Hurry, he's coming." Erasmus kept climbing the branches hurriedly but immediately looked back to give his brother the hand. "You too come up."

Nodding hurriedly, the elder one jumped fast at the pull and while minding his big knife, he climbed faster than his brother. Both finally reached the top branch and stared at each other in horror.

"An animal that can walk on two."

Younger nodded. "Animal? You still don't recall, what creature it is?"

"I am not sure. But he is everything we should be alert of, Erasmus. Before any other death, we need to tell the King what we just saw. We will be given the chance to earn money by his prize. I tell you."

Erasmus sighed in disbelief and suddenly, his eyes narrowed. "Wait. Do you hear that?"

Both of their spine shuddered in sudden terror when another faint growl reached their ears. Erasmus slowly picked his injured leg above to not shed any more blood and gulped when the sound reached them again.

"Evos, hold tighter."

Another growl came loud enough for them to look down and almost piss in horror as the tall beast sneered at them.

"Evos, hold tighter." Erasmus himself had minded his injured leg but his brother was struggling hard to keep his own bended as it had turned stiff by running the whole night.

The creature jumped and a hand full of claws scratched the branch off fully to their horror. Both shifted closer to the stem of the tree while Erasmus screamed in shock.

"Evos."

The next sound echoed there was the tearing of flesh, licking blood with utmost thirst.

Erasmus watched everything, stunned as it made a mess of what was left from his dead brother. Eyes not leaving the deadly creature who kept punishing his brother at breaking laws of the jungle.

True it was, that the predator was looking for prey. The arrival of it's prey and they came on their own to take a chance on their destiny.

He noticed everything. The bent legs, big hands, and just when the creature gave him a last sneer before leaving.

Erasmus knew what it was. Something he had read in mythologies. Something, people should be serious about.

Something that his dead-scholar brother couldn't even recall.

_______

Two pair of eyes didn't waver off the face of son of Lord Commander. Both of them observed his quiet behavior when his father was inquiring the young man who couldn't stop requesting to meet the King.

"I want to meet him. I know what it is. I saw it myself. I saw the creature who killed my brother."

Samara bit her lip at listening to his cries. Both the farm boys were hard workers and it was a thing to mourn over that they risked their lives to earn money.

"I want compensation for my brother's death. I want that creature killed."

Her eyes met Rodwin who was staring at her with keen eyes as if telling her that last night the murder happened and Nathaniel was out too.