No matter how Rodwin angered her, but his words were true. Samara herself was doubtful and found no way to defend her love in front of him.

"Why a sweet, charming son of the Lord Commander would roam in our colony that is the only area where murders have been happening?"

Samara could feel herself shaking as Nathaniel finally got out of the sight. Immediately, getting away from the window, her mind taking in the situation finally. Moving to the bed, sitting quietly while wiping her cheeks, Samara couldn't understand what Nathaniel was doing there at such time?

Noticing her childhood enemy sitting in front her on the bed with that irritating confidence on his nose, Samara shook her head.

"He is curious, maybe. As a soldier, he might be having a patriotic motivation in finding out the reason behind the attacks-"

"Even before the first attack happened, Samara?"

Her eyes widened at his question. "What do you mean?" Her voice had turned low from continuous whispering and the terror.

But Rodwin shifted closer, facing her, holding her forearms, "I was checking our field the first night we returned from the war. Nathaniel was hurt yet he walked right across my house, crossing others, to the forest. At first, I myself was being ignorant but it continued even after the first murder. The sudden murder was what that makes me focus on this fact more."

Samara's face paled. "What he's up to?"

Rodwin's eyes left hers as he focused on the wall with a frustrated face. "I don't know. But it can be true that maybe-"

"Maybe?"

Rodwin could clearly see how much the girl had gotten scared. Yet he had to get that culprit out of his way to keep Samara safe. Because it was sure that Nathaniel was really doing something wrong.

"That maybe, he has been the one to kill that man and portrayed it like it was an animal's job. Maybe, he wants to create terror-"

A humorless smile formed on Samara's face. "Oh! I understand."

She looked around and then at her clothes, immediately looking back at Rodwin with an accusatory glare.

"I didn't know, you would fall down to this level to get me." Rodwin's jaw dropped and eyes stoned on hers. "Climbing on to my window when I am not dressed modestly. Talking about my love being the murderer. You don't have shame, Rodwin. I called you for a friend."

Rodwin got up from the bed, following her while shaking his head. His smile turning nervous. "Samara, don't jump to conclusions. I am telling what I feel. Maybe, I am not right but he's up to something. Right?"

Samara shook her head stubbornly, pushing him away and feeling that the priority was just to get away from this man. "Leave, I beg you. Rodwin, go away."

Rodwin's jaws clenched, his eyes narrowed at hers as he silently walked her to the wall, pinning her to it. For a moment, he could really see an unknown fear in her eyes.

"Rodwin," a shaky voice leaving her mouth.

"If you don't believe me, you must believe your eyes. You saw him roaming there. Didn't you?"

He almost smiled when she fearfully nodded. His hand reached to cup her cheek. "Then, I won't warn you anymore. You yourself are smart enough to keep an eye on him and save yourself from an unknown danger. Because Samara. . ."

He slowly removed his hands off hers.

"This is all ending up with deaths."

________