"Uh, can you guys keep it down please?"

A/N: you're all beautiful, remember that my lovelies x

You were home alone doing homework, it was a Saturday morning and you were finishing off your maths homework. It was a simple 10 minute job that turned into 20 minutes when your neighbours band started practising.
You sighed rubbing your forehead with your hands trying to concentrate but all you could hear was out of tune guitars over powering the rest of the instruments of your neighbours band.

Your mum and dad had been arguing and recently split up, your dad moved out and your mums been working non stop to try and pay the bills. The last thing you wanted was to be failing school. It was bad when your parent were arguing non stop, but now all you wanted was some peace and quiet.

You knew you had to go and ask your neighbour to be more quiet. You made your way next door.

You hated your neighbour, Michael Clifford, he was cocky and annoying. His parents were nice but he was the opposite. It was bad enough you seeing him at school, let alone having to live next door to him.

You walked to the front door of your neighbours house and knocked loudly.

Soon you heard the music stop and after a minute someone was opening the door.

"Hello" the person said, it was Luke.

You knew Luke from school, he was sweet but you kept away from him when he became friends with Michael.

"Uh, can you guys keep it down please?" You shyly asked.

"Yeah, sure-" Luke said but was interrupted. Michael came to the door, his face looking annoyed when he saw you.

"What do you want?" Michael asked harshly.

"She was asking us to keep it down" Luke answered the question for you.

"No, she'll have to put up with it" Michael responded.

"It's not hard for you to just be a little quiet" you argued back, you were fed up of Michaels cockiness, you couldn't hold your anger back.

"So we can't have band practice but your parents can argue till 3 in the morning keeping the whole street awake!" Michael said making your mouth open.

You knew Michael knows about your parents arguing because your mum and his mum talked often.

"Can you just turn your instruments down, it's not hard" you fired back.

"No! You can deal with it since the past few months I haven't got any sleep, tell your parents to keep it down and then we'll be quiet" Michael scoffed, you hated him for what he said. You could feel tears start to brim in your eyes at his words.

You turned around and basically ran back to your house and slammed your front door behind you as you stepped inside.

You didn't do anymore homework after that, your head was going crazy with thoughts.

You had been struggling with your parents arguing and started to blame yourself for your parents breaking up, you blamed yourself for not helping, for making their arguments worse.
You hated Michael for him comparing his band practice to your parents arguing. You hated Michael for not caring that his words can hurt people. You hated Michael for him making you hate yourself.

You cried until you fell asleep, your mum came home and she found you curled up half under the sheets of your bed. Your mum saw the wet patches on your pillow from your tears as she kissed your forehead and pulled your sheets back over you to let you sleep.