He missed you madly

*I'm sat in silence living in a world of noise, 'Cause you were perfection* - 5 seconds of summer, lost boy

**Michaels POV**

Y/n and I dated, we were together for almost two years, until a stupid rumour spread all around school about me cheating on her. The rumour wasn't true, I would never cheat, even if I don't like the person I was with. I know right from wrong, but in her eyes the rumours were true so she left me.
It hurt knowing she didn't believe me, it hurt knowing she wouldn't listen to me when I told her the truth. I know she loved me and I know she still does. I still love her and I probably will for a long time. I'm not ready to forget her, I'm not ready to let her go.

I haven't spoken to y/n in about a month now, I still cry and I still want to just hold her in my arms.
She cried the other day at school, all I wanted to do was hold her close my body,  tell her everything would be okay but I couldn't, I had to walk past and ignore it.

I guess it's lucky we only have science class together. Other than seeing her around school at break and lunch times I don't see her often.

Right now, I'm sat in my room with my best mate Calum. I've known Calum for years, he's always been there for me when I need him. When everything with me and y/n happened, I was a mess and he was there to help. I know that sounds girly but boys need comfort too sometimes.

"Still not over her yet then?" Calum asked, as we played a video game.

"Not completely" I sighed, trying to push the thought of her out of my head.

"Why don't just talk to her, like be friends?"
My head dropped at his words as another sigh escaped my lips.

"It's not as easy as that Calum, I don't want to be her friend. I still love her, I still want her to be mine. I should have fought harder for her" I explained as my character died in the game we played.

Calum turned to face me and gave me a sympathetic look.
"She broke up with you because she didn't trust you, why do you still love her?"

"Because it was those stupid rumours, she did trust me and I know she knows that I didn't cheat but one against everyone at school, there was no way I could get it through to her. And in a way we never really broke up" I tried to explain to Calum.

"What do you mean you never really broke up?" He asked raising an eyebrow at me.

"Well, she never said 'I'm breaking up with you' she said 'I can't deal with this I need some space' or something along those lines. Then we just haven't spoke since" I mumbled as the memory played over in my head.

"So you're treating this as like you and her having some sort of break, you're giving her time to think?" He asked finally understanding.

"Yeah, sort of, I'm just giving her space and hoping she misses me as much as I miss her. For all I know she wants me too but just doesn't know how to ask" Calum didn't reply but only nodded his head.

The next few days past and finally it was Friday. I was sat in my room, looking through Twitter when I heard someone knocking at my front door. My mum answered and then there was a lot of talking. Me being curious, I went to have a look.

I carefully snuck to the top of my stairs to listen better, the muffled voices sounded like y/n and her mum. I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised, y/n mum and my mum are close friends so they see each other often but what shocked me was y/n was here. She hasn't been round my house since what happened.

"Michael! Can you come down here please" my mum shouted. I groaned and walk into the kitchen where everyone was standing.

"What is it?" I asked my mum not making eye contact with y/n.