"I went to buy you something"

Start from the beginning

Just as you were drifting off to sleep you felt the bed dip. You rolled over to face Michael but kept your eyes closed. He pulled your body to his and carefully kiss your lips. It was a simple kiss, but one you'd been waiting for all day.

The next morning you woke up, your clock read 8:04am and you decided to just get up.

As you finished your morning routine you had a text from your friend.

Y/f/n: my brothers cat had kittens about 8 weeks ago and they're the cutest little balls of fluff I've ever seen

You: you have to send me a picture, I so wish I could have one

Y/f/n: well he is selling them you could have one if you wanted??

That idea of having a kitten wasn't too bad, you thought it might be a way to bring the old happy Michael.

You got dressed and picked your purse and keys up before heading out the door quietly so you didn't wake Michael up.

You drove to your friends house and she took you to her brothers to choose a kitten.

As soon as you got their and you saw all the kittens one stood out from the rest. A girl kitten, a cute black and white tabby. She was mostly black with a white chest and white paws.

She was playing with your shoes and you picked her up carefully. She clung onto your clothes and you knew this would be the perfect kitten for Michael.

"Is that the one you want?" Your friends brother asked.

"Definitely" you smiled.

Your friends brother got a box for the kitten and placed a blanket inside. He also gave you some food and cat litter that would for the day to give you time to buy what you needed.

You said thank you after having a chat and your friend took you back to hers so you could drive home.

You put the box with kitten inside in the passenger seat and made sure the seatbelt was holding the box in place. You then drove back home trying not to turn any harsh corners.

You could hear the kitten meowing but you knew for safety reasons that you couldn't open the box.

"Shhh, kitten we'll be home soon" you said as you concentrated on driving.

You were soon pulling up onto your drive way and walking into your house. As you shut the front door you could hear Michaels footsteps.

Michael came to the door where you were standing with the box in your hand, luckily for you the kitten wasn't meowing.

"Where have you been? I looked around the house trying to find you" Michael questioned adjusting the clothes he was wearing.

"I went to buy you something" you tried to hold back your smile but couldn't.

"What? Why? You don't need to buy me anything" Michael said, shocked and confused.

"I wanted to, you'll love it" you said as you kneeled down to the floor.

Michael knelt down in front of you, still looking confused as you placed the box onto the floor.

"Are you ready?" You teasingly asked Michael.

He nodded and you slowly lifted the lid off the box. The kitten stopped moving around and looked straight up at Michael.

You watched Michaels eyes shine as a smile grew on his face.

"You bought me a kitten?" He asked you.

"Yes, she's a girl and you get to name her" you told Michael.

Michael slowly put his hand in the box letting the kitten inspect it before she started to pat his fingertips. As you watched the sight in front of you, all you could do was smile.

"Can I hold her?" Michael asked you and you giggled as his eyes met yours.

"Yes Michael, she's yours"

Michael picked up the kitten and held her close to his chest so he wouldn't drop her. You watched Michael admire the kitten and you knew this was the distraction and pick-me-up that Michael needed to come home to.

"She's so tiny" Michael chucked.

"What are you going to name her?" You asked.

"I don't know yet" Michael answered.
"Thank you y/n" Michael said walking towards you.

One of Michaels hands slid around your back, he then lent down slightly so his lips wouldn't meet with yours. Your lips moved with his and you realised how much you actually missed the taste of Michaels lips.

The kitten interrupted your kiss as she meowed.

"You decide a name while I'll go and buy all the things we need" you said kisses Michaels cheek and walking to the door.

"Okay, I'll take her to the living room" Michael said, stroking the kitten as he walked to the living room.