Day 189

'For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.'

1 Corinthians 13:12

I can write about how great God is, and how wonderful and incomparable he is to anything else. I can write about how perfect and whole and unconditional his love is. I can write about how he is stronger than the whole universe put together. I can write about how unbelievable and amazing his grace is, that we are saved by the blood of his son, that we have done nothing to deserve it, yet we are redeemed.

And yet, I love this verse because it tells us that we can only see God's glory as a reflection through a mirror, and we can only know it while on this Earth in part. How great will it be, then, in heaven, when the truth and wondrous glory of God is revealed to us in full? Why should we be afraid of death on this Earth if it means we can live for eternity in the full presence of the almighty God? We will see face to face, and I believe that God will pick us up and hold us in his arms, because he is our Father with unconditional, eternal love, so much that we only know part of it while we are here on Earth and that alone can move mountains.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you are incomparable to anything else. You are wonderful, so wonderful Lord. Your love is eternal and unconditional. Lord, I only know you now in part, and when I am in your eternal kingdom, your glory will be unbelievable. Thank you that your love can move mountains, Jesus.

Amen