Day 152

'Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High

will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress,

my God, in whom I trust.''

Psalm 91:1-2

What does it mean for God to be both a refuge and a fortress? I'm gonna try and explain that, but first, if anyone is reading this, can they please comment to tell me what bible verses they think I should do, and if there is anything they don't like about these devotionals to tell me. also if you have any questions, it doesn't matter if they sound stupid or silly, please ask me on the comments below or by messaging me privately on Wattpad. Thanks guys - and back to the question.

The definition of refuge is 'the state of being safe or sheltered from pursuit, danger, or difficulty.' So if God is our refuge, that means we can go to him when times are tough. If you ever feel like you are in danger, or struggling with something, you can run to God. God is safe. He will protect you from whatever's going on. He will help you. He will comfort you. He loves you so, so much. You can always go to God, no matter what you've done, no matter where you have been or what you have said. He will always be your father.

On the other hand, the definition of a fortress is 'a military stronghold, especially a strongly fortified town.' I like the word stronghold. God is our stronghold. He makes us strong. he gives us the power, he gives us the strength to do his will. He gives us the ability to do wonderful things. God never gives up. He gives us the determination to complete what we are doing, to be brave and strong and not need to fear a thing. God is the father who is all-powerful and all loving. We can run to him and we can build on him. He will protect us and fortify us.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you will keep me safe. Thank you that I can always go to you, always. I love you, Jesus. Thank you that you are my refuge in times of trouble. Please help me not to give up. You are my rock, my stronghold. Help me to be strong. Thank you that you are able to do anything.

Amen