Day 143

'Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.'

Matthew 7:24-27

Hey guys, I'm back! I know I haven't written for quite a while because I have been on holiday, and while I was away I felt God was telling me to write about the parable of the wise and foolish builders. So I have known this story ever since I was little, but when I was four years old I wasn't really interested in what it meant, only in whether we got to fall down at the end (!!) So today I'm gonna look at what Jesus was on about when he said this.

What does it mean to build your house on the rock? I think it means to build your life on God. God is our rock. He is our strength, our shield, our protection. Whatever comes against us shall fail, because we stand tall on the rock of God. If we build our lives on him, we have nothing to fear because all the rain and the wind in the universe can not make our house fall. We stand strong in the face of our enemies, because our house is on the rock!

There are so many people out there who build their houses on the sand. Like the foolish builder, they will fall and crash, because they did not build there house on the sturdy rock but on the sand. They build their lives on money, on fame, on things which, like sand, will wash away into the ocean. These things are not stable. They are not like the rock, which will hold you against rain, against storm, against flood, against wind. They are not like God. But for all these people who build their lives on the sand, it is not too late to move house. It is not too late to build their house on the rock. So for all those people who may be just beginning to build their houses on the sand, or the ones who have entire mansions on the sand, you can help them build on the rock. You can help them come to Jesus. His rock has lots of room to spare. You know, you could just pray. Prayer can do anything.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that I can build my house on the rock. Thank you that I will not fall because you are protecting me. Thank you that whatever comes against me shall fail because my house is on the rock. Please help me to run the moving house agency, if you like, from the sand to the rock. Help me to bring others to you. I love you Jesus.

Amen