Day 69

'So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they are full of greed.'

Ephesians 4:17-19

Change the word 'Gentiles' in this passage to something like 'other people' and you'll realise it's not a message for the people in Ephesus (well it is, but that's not the point), but a message for you. God is telling you not to live like everyone else around you, but to stand out. Don't tease and say rude and offensive stuff to others if everyone else is, but say to them how great they are. Don't gossip, but point out all the good stuff about that person. I know this sounds like a list of DON'Ts, but really it's just all DOs. DO be kind. DO be friendly. DO stand out.

In this world, there are so many people who everyone wants to be like. Maybe they're rich and famous, or they always know what to wear, or they're just always swearing and doing stuff that looks 'cool'. But what's the point in wanting to be like them? Be yourself. What you say, do and act like is how people judge us. Be the person who acts like you, not like anyone else. Let God's light shine through you, and you will stand out for all the reasons God wants you to. Don't be full of greed, but full of love. Live the way God wants you to do, not the way everyone else lives.

I just want to say that whatever you like doing, whoever you spend time with, whatever makes up your personality, that is you. And you are awesome. God loves you much more than I could ever put into words. But there's no point in blending into the background. Speak out! Tell people what you believe! Act as you, not as everyone else. And remember that you are an amazing child of God.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you love me. Thank you that you made me, not to blend in, but to stand out. Help me to show people your love. Help me to act differently to how everyone else acts. Please give me to have the courage to speak out.

Amen