Day 113

'The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,

he leads me beside quiet waters,

he refreshes my soul.

He guides me along the right paths

for his name's sake.

Even though I walk

through the darkest valley,

I will fear no evil,

for you are with me;

your rod and your staff,

they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me

in the presence of my enemies.

You anoint my head with oil;

my cup overflows.

Surely your goodness and love will follow me

all the days of my life,

and I will dwell in the house of the Lord

forever.'

Psalm 23

Thank you Lord. Thank you Jesus! God guides us like he is a shepherd and we are his sheep. He takes us to where we need to go, to all the good stuff. He guides us to waters, waters unlike other lakes or rivers, because this is the water of life, like it says in John 4:14 'but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life."'  Isn't God wonderful? All we need to do is follow Him and we get eternal life!

You know, I read somewhere that the phrase 'do not be afraid' is written in the bible 365 times. That's a message from God telling us to live every day being fearless, because we are his children and he is our protector. This psalm tells us that we don't have to fear anything because God is always with us We don't have to fear death, because we know that he has defeated it. We don't have to fear persecution, because our saviour will protect us. We don't have to fear evil, because our King has conquered it.

God is good. God is love. See all that he has given you? See all that he has given the world? When you go about your daily life today, thank God for the wonderful things he has given us. Thank him for his creation. He pours out his love on us daily. Thank him for that also. I once played a game with a friend to try and think of as many things to be thankful for. She is atheist, but I still couldn't help thanking God for everything both of us said. And when you take the time to say thank you, you realise how lucky you are. You are a daughter of a King, and he loves you. He loves you!

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you are my shepherd. Thank you that you guide me along the right path. Thank you that you have made this beautiful world for everyone. Thank you that you have defeated fear, and evil, and death. Thank you that I don't have to be afraid. Thank you that you are my King. Thank you that I can say thank you.

Amen