Day 121

'"Now then, tell my servant David, 'This is what the Lord Almighty says: I took you from the pasture, from tending the flock, and appointed you ruler over my people Israel. I have been with you wherever you have gone, and I have cut off all your enemies from before you. Now I will make your name great, like the names of the greatest men on earth. And I will provide a place for my people Israel and will plant them so that they can have a home of their own and no longer be disturbed. Wicked people will not oppress them anymore, as they did at the beginning and have done ever since the time I appointed leaders over my people Israel. I will also give you rest from all your enemies.'

2 Samuel 7:8-11

Have you ever felt worthless? Like you can't do anything in life? Like you are only one person, and it's a big, big world? Well, that is probably how David felt when he was perhaps 14 years old, tending the flock and fending off lions to protect his sheep. He probably thought that was what he would be doing for his entire life, just standing around, looking after the sheep. David also had at least 8 brothers - being the bottom one of that lot must have felt rubbish.

But God used David. God picked David out. God had a plan for David, and he made sure David fulfilled that plan. David killed the giant, Goliath. He saved Israel. And then he became King! He became ruler of all Israel! He defeated enemies! He captured Jerusalem! He became some kind of epic superhero! And all because God chose him. Without God, David probably would have died a lowly shepherd boy (OK, without God, no-one would be alive. So he wouldn't have died at all. Because he wouldn't be alive). God changed David's life. And he never left David. he was always there, protecting him, providing for him, always. He never abandoned him.

But this isn't just David's story. This is your story. God will use you too, if you put your faith and trust in Him. So don't ever think you are worthless. Don't ever think you can't do anything. God has a plan for you. he has a huge, huge plan for you. All you talents, all the good things about you he will use. Don't think one person can't change things. They can. Look at David, Esther, Mary, all those people. Look at Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King - God had a plan for them, and they used it. They changed the world. You might be one small person, but you have a giant, huge, all-powerful God on your side.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Please help me not to be afraid. Help me to follow the plan you have for me. Help me to do what you want me to. Lord, please help me to know what it is that I am meant to do. Thank you that you will never leave me. Thank you that you are always on my side.

Amen