Day 139

'For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.'

Romans 8:38-39

Nothing can separate us from God's love. Nothing can take us away. He loves us so much that it is impossible to be separated from it. Isn't that crazy? Nothing can take God away! He is always there, even when we doubt, even when we fail, even when we fall, when we run away. He is always there. He doesn't abandon us when life gets tough. He doesn't say, 'hey, you know what? I'll go and be with those other people over there because they're so much better Christians than you'. He doesn't do that! Our God is always, always, always with us.

When Jesus died on the cross, he changed something for us. Before, there was this barrier between us and God. In the temples there was this curtain that separated the people from the Ark, from the place where God was. You know why? Because people like us sin. We're not ever gonna be perfect. Not even if you try. And in those times, not being clean, not being without sin made us not able to get to God. But you know what Jesus did? When he died, he took all that sin, all that bad stuff so that the curtain in the temple could be ripped apart. So that the barrier between us and God could be broken.

So now, nothing can get in the way of us and God. Jesus tore down that barrier by the most painful means possible. He actually took that barrier upon himself and died so that it could be destroyed. Now, neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present or the future, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in ALL CREATION can separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ our Lord. Nothing.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you died for us. Thank you that nothing at all in all creation can separate us from your love. thank you that I am special. thank you that I am precious. thank you that you love me. Please help me to always remember that no matter what, you are with me.

Amen