Day 23

"Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
John 4:13-14

Did you know that the longest you can go without water is 3-5 days? Without water we are hopeless. About 73% of the human body is made up of water - that's almost three quarters! But what's this 'water of life' that Jesus is talking about? Well, many people interpret it as many things, but what I think Jesus is saying that it's the holy spirit. If you have the holy spirit, you will never be desperate for anything more in your life, because you have Jesus!

OK, so yesterday we looked into asking for the holy spirit and so I'm not going to go into all that today. What I want to talk about is telling other people about the water of life, and that it leads to consistent contentment and eternal life. The thing with telling people about this, is that everyone has their own special way of doing it. Some people like to tell it straight out, whereas others slip it quietly into the conversation. Some people only mention it when somebody asks, but whatever way suits you best, you're doing the right thing.

What's the point if you know something as cool as this and you don't share it with anyone? Do you think when Isaac Newton discovered gravity, he kept it a secret? Of course not! So let people know about the holy spirit! Let them know, and they will never be hungry again!

Prayer
Dear Lord
Please help me to share the news of the water of life with other people. Please help me to let them know. Please fill me with confidence, so that they would never be hungry again.
Amen