Day 109

'And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped. "Who touched me?" Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you." But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me."  Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."'

Luke 8:43-48

This story tells us of the almighty power of our God. Just by touching Jesus' cloak, a woman was healed. Isn't that amazing? It's almost as if his power was like some kind of electric fence, just touch it and you get a shock (a good one of course). So if someone was instantly healed just by touching him, think how we can come to God with our problems, and he can use his amazing power to help. The woman didn't even need to ask him. So don't think any problem is too big for God. Right now, come to him with all your problems (ok, well, do it at the end of the devotional today, I don't wanna lose my readers(!))

This also tells us how God is our Healer. Pain, illness, disease, infection are natural things that would happen to any human. But we are lucky. We have a healer who is better than any penicillin, any antibiotics, anything like that (I actually have no idea about medicine, so maybe I shouldn't try naming a bunch). He can heal us, not because it's his job, for he creates all jobs, but because he loves us. He has so much power he can heal us even when we haven't prayed for it. He can heal us emotionally, too. He can save us from fear, and doubt, and depression. God is our healer.

What I like about this scripture is that Jesus wanted to pick the individual woman out. No-one is less important than anyone else of him. He cares about every individual. He wants every single person to know that he loves them. How can they know this? Well, it kinda depends on you. If you show the love of your Father to others, then they will know that they are individually love by a King. I love this about God. He loves every single person for who they are. He loves them for their good things, their faults, their dreams, their love for Him. God love you because you are amazing. You are amazing.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you for loving me as an individual. Thank you that you love me because of who I am. I don't have to pretend to you. Please heal ..................... Thank you that you have the power to heal them. Lord, I am sorry for all the things I have done which I shouldn't have. Please take all my problems. (sometimes, it's just helpful to tell God these and let it all out). I love you god.

Amen