Day 42

'He also said, "This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come."'

Mark 4:26-29

OK, so this is an interesting parable. Jesus never actually explained this, but I will, so you know what it's saying. If you take the seed to be the word of God, and the soil to be people's hearts, then you will understand it better. If you plant a seed, you can't force it to grow. God is the one who makes the seed grow. It's the same if you plant the Word of God in someone's heart. You can't make it grow. You have to trust God to that.

What about the harvest at the end of the parable? The harvest is the time when God comes again, and he will be glorified with what the plant bears.

But it is the sower who plants the seed. It is you who plants the seed. You need to share God's word. You need to tell people about him. There can be no harvest if the seed is never planted. Tell people! Spread the word! It will save them! God will give you courage. He will help you, if you ask him.

Once you have planted the seed, pray. Pray to God that it will grow, and it will. Even if the person is as anti-Christian as you can get, God can work wonders. Don't worry. Trust in Him with all your heart.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you for giving me friends and family. Please help me to plant the seed of your word in them Please help the plant to grow. Let it become ripe, and ready to harvest, so that when you come, it will be ready to crown you as the Lord God Almighty.

Amen