Day 37

'Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvellous deeds among all peoples. For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens. Splendour and majesty are before him; strength and joy in his dwelling place. Ascribe to the LORD, O families of nations, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength, ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name. Bring an offering and come before him; worship the LORD in the splendour of his holiness. Tremble before him, all the earth! The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved. Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let them say among the nations, "The LORD reigns!"'

1 Chronicles 16:23-31

What is worship? When you hear the word worship, most people think of singing hymns in church. But worship can be so much more than that! Worship can be singing, that's true, but also it can be dancing, art, writing, praying, running, doing a sport, reading the bible, cooking and even cleaning! Anything can be worship if you do it in the name of God!

Why do we worship God? We worship God to show him how much we love him, and to praise him for all the wonders he's done in your life. Worship can be a wonderful time to get closer to Jesus, and to just feel his presence about you. When you worship, you are preparing a place for God to come. You are allowing God into your hearts, your life, your church. You are praising him, for he is the King!

So maybe you find it a bit weird in church with everyone else around you. But that's OK - you can worship by yourself at home, if you want to! As long as you are doing something to show God that you are his, then you can worship anywhere, doing anything! And God doesn't mind if you're rubbish at dancing, or whatever. If you put your all into it, he knows that you are doing it for him, and that you love him.

So now, after reading today's devotional,  just take some time to worship the Lord. Put some music on, and sing, or dance, or paint a picture. Just show God that you adore him, and you want him in your life. If you feel awkward doing it in your house, find a room as far away from anyone else, and shut the door. That way, no-one will disturb you.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

I love you. I want to praise you for every day of my life. Thank you for being wonderful. thank you for holding me close. Thank you for giving me great friends and a life with you. You are the King. You are the Prince of Peace. You are my ruler. You are my Father. There is no other God but you.

Amen