Day 123

'Though the fig tree does not bud

and there are no grapes on the vines,

though the olive crop fails

and the fields produce no food,

though there are no sheep in the pen

and no cattle in the stalls,

yet I will rejoice in the Lord,

I will be joyful in God my Saviour.

The Sovereign Lord is my strength;

he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,

he enables me to tread on the heights.'

Habakkuk 3:17-19

Are you in a period of your life right now when you think things aren't going well for you? Have you ever been in that situation? Have you ever felt that everyone's against you and nothing is working? Do you know what to do then? Thank God. Although it sounds crazy, praise God. Look at all he has done for you! Look at the great gifts he has given you. He made you! He loves you! There is no-one more wonderful, more fantastic, more loving than God.

And when things do go wrong, if you turn to God, he will lift you up. He won't just say 'I only stick with people in the good times in their lives - when things get tough I won't be around to help them'. That's not God! God never abandons you. He will enable you to tread on the heights. He will help you. If you have God on your side, you can never go wrong. He is strong, he is powerful. He will pick you up and carry you. Never lose faith in God.

So you see, bad things don't last forever. And when they do happen, God is always by your side. Don't think that God has left you. God never leaves you. Praise him, for he is wonderful! He is amazing! He loves you more than anything. You are beautiful. You are a beautiful creation of God. When Jesus died on the cross, he was thinking of you. When you turn to God, I imagine that all the angels in heaven have a huge party because everyone loves you. You are a wonderful, beautiful, brave child of God.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you are greater than all my troubles. Please lift me up and carry me when I am in need. Thank you that you made me. You are great God! You are amazing! I love you Jesus. I love you. There is no-one who is more worthy of my love than you.

Amen