Day 7

'Whoever loves pleasure will be a poor man;
he who loves wine and oil will not be rich.'
Proverbs 21:17

Hey, who loves fun? Who loves partying and late nights? Who loves shopping with friends? I do. OK, so read this bible verse. Oh great, you think. Now we can't have pleasure and good stuff, unless we want to be poor. This is one of the reasons why many people aren't Christian. They think Christianity means having a boring life, and never enjoying yourself. But it's not! God loves it when we have a good time - because it makes us happy and he loves that!

So why does this verse say that you shouldn't have pleasure? Well, it doesn't. It actually says you shouldn't love pleasure. Because if we spend too much time loving the fun things in life, we get drawn away from God. It becomes a barrier between God and us, and we don't want that.

So what can you do to stop letting this barrier get in the way? I'll tell you. Have fun and enjoy life, but never let it get in the way of your relationship with God - and don't do anything that God wouldn't want you to do, like crime and gambling. But always remember, Christianity isn't a way to deprive you of fun, it's a way to ensure that you live the best and happiest life you can!

Prayer
Dear Lord,
Thank you for giving me a wonderful life. Thank you for making it fun and enjoyable. Sorry if I have done anything that gets in the way of me and you. Please forgive me Lord. Please help me to live my life to the fullest, but always do things that you would want me to do, and to never do anything you wouldn't like.
Amen