Day 9

'And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.'
Luke 1:31-33

Oh yes. It's the beginning that special story - the one that equals carols, presents and family get-togethers. Of course, Harry Potter! No, just joking. It's the Christmas story (obviously). This is where the Angel Gabriel tells Mary that she will give birth to Jesus - but of a surprise, but hey, you can't guess everything.

But the part of this verse I want to talk to you about is the part where it says, 'He will reign of over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end'. The kingdom this is talking about is heaven. It basically says that Jesus will rule heaven forever, and it will never be destroyed. Isn't that pretty amazing? The fact that heaven is eternal, and that heaven will never be destroyed is top of the awesomeness scale, by far. I mean, if heaven is eternal, and we go to heaven if we put our trust in God, we will live forever - with Jesus as our king! It's like your favourite party winning the election, but 1000 times better!

So what do we need to do because of this? Well, nothing much. Just believe that Jesus is the sovereign king, and that heaven lasts forever, and you're pretty much sorted! I'll tell you something, when we get to heaven, it will be like a huge, constant, wonderful party in the name of Jesus, his glory radiating from all around. I personally can't wait!

Prayer
Dear Lord,
Thank you so much for being such a wonderful God. You are brilliant. You are the king of glory, the Prince of peace, the father of love. Your kingdom never dies. You are glorious. I love you, Jesus.
Amen