Day 141

'In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.'

Titus 2:7-8

You know when you have to do something but you are absolutely terrified of doing it? Maybe you are gonna share a testimony with some people you know, or you might be telling others about God. That's scary, right? I mean, talking about your faith, talking about what you believe in is a personal thing, and it almost feels like you're giving away some part of yourself when you are speaking. You might be afraid that people will mock you, or tease you, or say whatever about you behind your back.

Well, whatever you do, this passage tells you to do what is good. Basically, if you do what is right, and just, and sound, and kind, and loving, people won't have bad stuff to say about you. If you're really scared about doing something, remember that if what you're doing is right, and just, and loving, no-one can say bad stuff about you, because you are doing what you know, and they know, in their hearts, is right.

Don't be afraid of what other people might think. Throw off that fear of what other people say and remember that if they want to say something bad about you, they will be ashamed as if you're being kind and good there is nothing bad they can say. I guess the point of today is saying that it's not a bad thing if you talk about your faith, and you shouldn't be afraid of it. Treat it like talking about anything else. If they say something bad about you that puts you down, they're the ones being stupid, because you are a daughter of God and you are unstoppable.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you have made me, and that I am your daughter. Thank you that I am able to share my faith with others. Help me not to be afraid of what others might say. Help me to trust you and to know that if I do the right thing, no-one can stop me.

Amen