Day 147

''Alas, Sovereign Lord,' I said, 'I do not know how to speak; I am too young.'

But the Lord said to me, 'Do not say, "I am too young." You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,' declares the Lord.'

Jeremiah 1:6-8

Yes, this is the old favourite excuse, 'I can't do anything because I am young'. Well, if that's what you say, tough, because from now on, you can't use that excuse again. Because no-one is too young to do what God wants for them. No-one is too young to follow his plan for them. You can do stuff, people! You can go out there an actually make a change, tell people about God, spread his word. But often we are too afraid because we say, 'I am too young'.

But then, age didn't stop God from sending young David to slay Goliath, didn't it? It didn't stop God from speaking to Samuel when he was a young boy! It didn't stop him from putting his son in Mary's womb when she as probably barely 16! So it can't stop him from having a plan just for you, right now. Don't be afraid, for God is with you. If older people don't allow you to, then they are being stupid, because you are god's child just like them and he has a plan especially for you. You are never too young to run to God. As Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me'. God loves you, no matter what.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you have made me the way I am. Thank you that you have a plan for me. Thank you that you don't think that age is a barrier and I am never too young. Help me not to be afraid and do what you want me to.

Amen