Day 140

'But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. '

2 Corinthians 12:9

If you had to list your weaknesses, what would you say they are? I'll tell you some of mine:

I'm sometimes doubtful

I can get bossy

I annoy people (!!)

I can be boastful, even if I try not to

And obviously, I sin, as everyone sins. What about you?

This passage says something that is not easy to understand. What does it mean by 'My power is made perfect in weakness'? How? Why? The way I see it is like this. God made us, right? He made every inch of our being, from the smallest birthmark to the way we feel about certain things. So if that's true, surely God made our weaknesses as well? But why? Well, the truth is, god can use those weaknesses for things we can't even imagine. His power is made perfect in our weaknesses. Maybe we don't realise it now, but all those weaknesses, they can, and will, be turned around.

Say you find you are stubborn. God can use that for the good. He could make you determined about good causes and a strong-willed person, someone who will fight for what is right, someone who knows strongly that he is the one true God. Try doing that with the list you came up with at the start. God's power is made perfect in weakness. we shouldn't be ashamed of it. Instead, like the writer of 2 Corinthians, we should boast about our weaknesses! God has made his power rest on you! whatever you think you are, don't put yourself down by it. you are God's creation. He loves you.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you made me. Thank you that I am your daughter. Thank you that all my weaknesses can be used for good, everything I am was made for a reason. Please help me not to put myself down because of my weaknesses. Help me not to be ashamed, but to boast of them!

Amen

God and youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें