Day 129

'Some wandered in the wilderness,

lost and homeless.

Hungry and thirsty,

they nearly died.

"Lord, help!" they cried in their trouble,

and he rescued them from their distress.

He led them straight to safety,

to a city where they could live.

Let them praise the Lord for his great love

and for the wonderful things he has done for them.

For he satisfies the thirsty

and fills the hungry with good things.'

Psalm 107:4-9

Sometimes in life we feel as if we are wandering in darkness. We feel depressed, like there is no hope. We feel like no-one is with us. We feel alone, tired, hungry, thirsty. We feel lost. Maybe you have been in an experience like that before, where you feel that there is no-one to turn to, no-one to go to for help. You felt totally and utterly lost. I hope you haven't, because I know that would be hard, and scary, because let's be honest, we all get scared.

But you know, even if you feel like you are in the middle of no-where and no-one and nothing can get to you, you don't need to fear. God is always there. God was there when Joseph thought he had lost everything, sitting at the bottom of the pit, abandoned by his brothers. God was there when Mary felt she was hated by everyone - he protected her, and kept her safe. God was there for Moses when he had gone and killed someone and was running away from it. God was there for Jesus (even though he is Jesus, so yeah, it gets a bit confusing) when he was about to be crucified for absolutely no reason. God is always there.

So when you are in trouble, when you are in distress, afraid, lonely, don't worry. God will rescue you. Call out to him, and you won't be forgotten. You won't be abandoned. Even if the world turned its back on you, God would pick you up out of the depths of despair and carry you. No matter what you've done. No matter if you have done something truly horrific, God will rescue you if you call out for him. That's the great thing about our God - he doesn't hold a grudge. He always forgives. He never casts you out. He loves you.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you are always with me. Please Lord, when I am in trouble, pick me up and take me out of the bottomless pit. Carry me on your shoulders. Let me run into your arms. I love you Jesus. I love you, I love you, I love you. I love you.

Amen