Day 115

'I lift up my eyes to the mountains—

where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord,

the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip—

he who watches over you will not slumber;

indeed, he who watches over Israel

will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you—

the Lord is your shade at your right hand;

the sun will not harm you by day,

nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm—

he will watch over your life;

the Lord will watch over your coming and going

both now and forevermore.'

Psalm 121

God never sleeps, nor gets tired. He is always watching over you. Why should you fear anything? God is always there, always nearby, always protecting you. If things go wrong, he will always be there to pick you back up again. God is always looking after you, always wanting to help you. He's your Father, remember that, he wants to keep you safe. He loves you.

And if God is always watching over us, who shall we fear? Like in Romans 8:31 says, 'What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?' we don't have to worry about anything! Why waste your time worrying about stuff if you can spend it instead serving the King? No-one can harm you, you are under the protection of a King! When you're out and about with your friends, tell them about God, because you have nothing to fear! When you feel nervous about something, don't worry because your God is with you all the way.

I see it like life is an adventure. God has a plan for you, and your job is to follow it. And when you are on this adventure, you are not alone. God is always by your side. He will never ever abandon you. You are never alone. If you draw away from God, he will call you back, because God loves spending time with you. God loves you! He wants to talk to you, to be with you. God loves you for who you are, not for who you pretend to be. He sees the true you, and that is the you that he will never abandon. Don't think he'll leave you if you do something wrong. He won't. He'll just carry on going because he loves you with the immense fullness of his heart.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you love me. Thank you that you will never abandon me. Thank you that you never sleep or get tired. I am always under your protection. Lord, please help me not to fear things. Help me to remember that you are always with me. I love you.

Amen