Day 135

'For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed – a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: 'The righteous will live by faith.''

Romans 1:16-17

Today I'm gonna talk to you about righteousness. This passage describes God as being righteous by faith. How can we be righteous by faith? What does it mean to be righteous by faith? Well, firstly, the definition of righteous is 'morally right or justifiable'. If you are righteous, then you can tell the difference from right and wrong, and you live so that you follow the idea of doing right, no wrong. It's pretty straightforward, really.

But what about being righteous by faith? Well, to tell it simply, being righteous by faith is to know what's right in the eyes of God, and to do what's right through your faith in God. If we are living righteously by faith, we are living by doing the right stuff because you believe in God. It's stuff like helping other people, not just because you know it's the right thing to do, but because God wants you to do it. And anything God wants you to do will be righteous, because he is a righteous God. He knows better than anyone else in the universe.

God's righteousness is revealed in the gospel - he loves us so much that he gave his son so that we can live with him in heaven. Our God is amazing. If we are trying to follow Jesus' footsteps as Christians, we should try and be righteous by faith like him. We should try and do what's right in our religion because he has given us so much. He is wonderful.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you are a righteous god. hank you that you gave your son to die on the cross for us. thank you that you are good beyond all my imagination. Please help me to be righteous, not just morally right, but righteous by faith, so that I am following your word all through my life.

Amen