「25th period」: restraint time

Start from the beginning

Everyone kept silent and that was when we felt the Reaper's presence. We barely even heard his footsteps.

"Ah"

"Wha---"

We barely noticed him. In fact, he was nearly invisible.

"That jerk!" Yoshida said simultaneously with Muramatsu who shouted, "He's just waltzin' right up!". The two recklessly ran up to him with a tazer in their hands, only to be dodged and knocked out.

"The first skill I honed upon becoming an assassin was head-on combat" he explained walking towards us, knocking Kimura out of the way.

"It's 99% unnecessary for an assassin, but without it, the remaining 1% of targets would get away. If you're looking to be one the world's best assassin, it's an indispensable skill" he continued, zooming to the back and kneeing Kayano in her stomach. "Females are so very fragile. Can't be treating the rest of my hostages so carelessly".

"Iroha-chan~ you should never provoke someone stronger than you" the assassin mocked her when he caught her following him from behind.

But in comparison the girl could dodge his moves.

Iroha immediately charged in with an actual knife, only to get straggled by the man until she dropped her weapon.

Is this what she was talking about?

"Play time's over, lab rat. You're pathetic. I'd actually commend you for how good you are at hiding your presence or for your heightened abilities when you snap. But you'll never be a good assassin. Someone who'd snap so easily. You're such a pain. If you improved on your abilities, I'd actually think it's worthwhile. But no, it's better if I kill you now, instead" he said before letting her go. "But I can't have that can I? I see, I'll just do it later".

Ah, this won't work.

Iroha lost her consciousness with that one move and yet I managed to catch her when the man threw her unto the ground.

"Move aside, everyone" Nagisa stood at the center, most likely angered by what he's been doing. "I'll take him".

"Nagisa-kun" I muttered his name.

He might be confident that his anger would quell his bloodlust and help them all.

Nagisa was already in position to use that technique that helped him defeat Takaoka-sensei, but the assassin simply stopped him with just a clap.

It wasn't too soon before the reaper managed to knock us all out.

✖︎●✖︎

We woke up in a cell. It seems like even Bitch-sensei betrayed us. It's in her name after all, isn't it?

"Nagisa" Kayano talked to him comfortingly.

"I don't know how you're going to try killing Korosensei, but will it really go according to plan?" I mocked the so called Reaper, keeping my cool.

"No matter how poor my intel, I still get results. That's the world's best assassin for you" he said quite confidently while he checked on his phone before showing it to Bitch-sensei.