You're a single mum

Start from the beginning

"Hey Haley" Michael said kneeling down to her level.
"How old are you gonna be?" He asked.

"4" she said nervously sticking her thumb in her mouth.

"Are you excited?" Michael asked her.

"Mhm, mummy said granny and granddad are coming for my party!" She said as her mood lightened.

"Sounds fun" Michael chuckled. You smiled watching Michael with Haley.

He's seems to get on better with her than her dad ever has, but Michael is sort of use to talking to kids.
You lifted your head to see Luke smiling at you, he point to Haley and mouthed 'cute'.

You checked the time and decided you should probably order a cake and pick it up tomorrow.

"Come on the Haley let's pick you a birthday cake" you said looking back down at Haley.

"Ok mummy" she smiled up at you.

Michael stood up and got his phone out doing something on it.
Just as you were about to say goodbye Michael handed you his phone with the camera open on it. You gave him a confused look and waited for him to explain.

"It's so you can get a picture of me and Luke with Haley, I'll post it later then if you want it you can screenshot it" he told you and you nodded in response.

They both bent down to Haley's height and she stood in between them. You also had to bend down to get a good enough picture, you took 3 pictures one with Haley kissing Michaels cheek, one Haley kissing Luke's cheek and one with them all smiling. You handed Michael his phone back and took hold of Haleys hand.

"Say bye to Michael and Luke" you said to Haley and she said bye to them.

They said bye back and you went to order a cake, the lady working there said she needed more food colouring for the icing so you'd have to come back the day after tomorrow, but you were fine with that.

After ordering your cake you looked around the bakery and Michael and Luke had gone. Your not a massive fan of theres, you never had time to be a fan of anything when Haley was a baby.

**time skip**

Today was the day to pick up Halyes birthday cake. You got Haley ready to go out and left late morning so you'd be able to have lunch out.

You didn't have a car, most things were in walking distance, so you and Haley walked hand in hand on the path to the bakery.

There was a small queue so you waited in line with Haley. As you stood, with Haley next to you, you looked at the pictures you took yesterday. Michael and Luke posted the pictures of Haley kissing them and then on their 5sos account they posted the one of them smiling. You had all three pictures.

You were looking at how happy Haley looked with the two boys, smiling without a care in the world because she's met some people she loved, even though she's only young.

"You know, I never got your name" someone spoke closely in your ear from behind you. You spun round to be face to face with Michael.

"Huh?" You said confused already forgetting what he said out of shock of seeing him again.

"You never told me your name" he smiled.

"Oh, it's y/n, why do you want to know my name?" You questioned.

"Just curious" he said with a twinkle in his eye.

"Michael!" Haley shouted.

"Haley don't shout, he's standing right in the front of you" you said to her.

"Sorry" she said hugging your legs.

You and Michael stayed talking for a while until it was your turn in the queue, the cake was in a box and placed into a plastic bag for you to carry.

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing for the rest of your day?" Michael asked you as he paid for 4 donuts, probably to share with the boys.

"Well, I was going to take Haley for some lunch, then go home I guess, why?" You said back raising an eyebrow at the cheeky smile on his face.

"Could I join you for lunch, we've got today off anyway and I don't fancy staying indoors all day with the guys" Michael said with hope in his eyes.

"Yes, mummy please" Haley pleaded pulling on your arm.

"Ok, I don't see why not" you gave a smile to Michael and he returned one.

You all walked out of the bakery, you had one hand carrying the bag and one hand holding Haleys hand. Haley walked in between you and Michael kicking small stones as she walked.

"So where are we going?" Michael asked but just as you were about to speak Haley spoke instead.

"Can we go to the nice place!" she said enthusiastically.

"What's the nice place?" Michael asked.

"It's this cute 50s style dinner but Haley knows we only go for special occasions-" you started but Michael cut you off.

"Couldn't this be a special occasion?" He asked almost nervously.

"I guess it could" you smiled at him.

The 50s style dinner was only a 2 minute walk away and you soon got there. As soon as you walked in through the door Haley ran inside and slid into one of the booths. You smiled at her actions and sat down next to her as Michael sat opposite you.
You placed the bag with the cake onto the floor in between your feet so it was safe.
Soon a waitress came over and you and Michael ordered a glass of coke and Haley had a strawberry milkshake.
When the waitress came with your drinks you then ordered some food.

After eating, well you and Michael because Haley was slow at eating, you and him just talked. Haley was concentrating hard on eating like she always does, making sure to use her knife and fork properly just the way you showed her.

"You've done a great job raising her" Michael said as you both watched Haley eat.

"Thanks, it wasn't easy, I had help from my parents and friends but it would have been easier if her dad stuck around" you said the last part quietly so only Michael could here you.

"Do you mind me asking what happened?" He said as your eyes met.

"No not at all, Haleys dad, John, was my high school boyfriend, and when I found out I was pregnant he said he'd stay and he did but then we just, didn't get on, we argued a lot and clearly didn't love each other. Then he got a job and moved, he comes down to see Haley when he can but its not enough. It's not that I want to be with him, I just wish he saw her more or helped out a little more" you found it easy to tell Michael, you don't mind telling people what happened but you always feel judged but somehow with Michael it was different. He sighed a little then looked back at Haley.

"She looks like you" he said smiling and you laughed.
"What? She does, same face shape, same smile, same eyes..." he trailed off as your eyes met again. You were a little taken back at what Michael just said, you only just met him and he's noticed all those things.

"I've finished!" Haley said snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Well done sweetie" you said and kissed the top of her head.

Haley and Michael got into a conversation about who knows what, you weren't particularly listening, not because you didn't want to but because you were thinking about Michael, you've only just met him but there's something about him that makes you feel different. It's almost like you've known him for years but you still don't really know him and watching him with Haley just makes you think about if Hayley's dad stayed and you were able to be a family.

There was a small thought in your mind. It was you, Michael and Haley as family. You pushed it aside thinking you know that won't happen.

There is a part 2