You were in a car crash

Start from the beginning

When I got to the hospital I walked quickly to the front desk.

"I'm here to see or find out anything about y/n y/l/n, I got told she's here" I said to the lady at the desk, trying to hold my tears back.

"Can I ask what relations you have to her?" She asked.

"Im her boyfriend" I said as tear rolled down my cheek.

She nodded her head and checked her computer before lifting her head to look at me.

"I'm sorry sir, she's in critical condition at the moment and you're not able to see her, I can't tell you anymore right now, the doctors are doing all they can" the woman spoke nicely, noticing that I was upset.
"If you wouldn't mind sitting in the waiting area then I will let the doctor know you're here for her" she said with a small smile. I did as she told me to and sat down to wait.
I was shivering because I was sat in wet clothes from the rain. I sat for about 10 minutes when I saw Ashton, Calum and Luke walking towards me.

"Hey, how is she?" Ash asked as they all sat down. Ash sat on my left, Luke on my right and Calum sat in from of me.

"She's in critical condition and I can't see her, that's all they told me" I said leaning forward with my elbows on my knees and putting my head in my hands.

"She'll be fine" Luke said.
"Michael you're soaked, you'll get ill if you don't dry off" Luke pointed out.

"I don't care about me, I just need to know how she is" I replied.

"She'll be fine Michael, we already know she's a fighter, remember when she got sick but got better, like, the next day" Calum said chuckling a little to himself.

I didn't say anything, I didn't know what to say, this was all my fault, I should have known she was driving and I shouldn't have called. It was my fault she got hit, if I never called I wouldn't have distracted her.

"This was my fault" I sighed angrily.

"What? Michael, it's not your fault" ash told me putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yes it is, I called her while she was driving. She said she stopped at a red light and then she got hit and hit again. It's my fault, it's my fucking fault she's in here" I said lifting my head to look at the boys, with tears streaming down my face.

"Michael, it's not your fault, it was an accident. It could have happened to anyone" Luke said.

"Well it didn't happen to anyone! It happened to the girl I fucking love" I started to raise my voice.

Nobody said anything for a while after, we just sat in silence and waited. I thought about calling y/n parents but since I didn't know how she was doing, it wouldn't be fair to tell them she's in hospital but I can't tell them anything else because I don't know anything.

A few hours had passed and it was early hours of the morning. The boys fell asleep but I couldn't, she was on my mind, all our memories flooding through my head as I looked at pictures of her on my phone.
I looked at the pictures she smiling in, I looked at the pictures that showed her eye colour perfectly and all the pictures of me and her together.
I came across a video of her I took months ago, I forgot I had it. I watched it and it was the morning of her birthday.

**video/flashback**
I got out of bed carefully not to wake y/n up. I went into the living room and set up a banner saying 'happy birthday', also some balloons and some presents. I made her a coffee, just the way she likes it and went back to our bedroom.

She was still fast asleep. I walked over to my wardrobe and got out her main present I've been hiding.
I put her coffee on her bedside table and also the presents I got her.