Chapter 83: FINAL and FINALE

Vincent's POV
"Mom looks so beautiful." I said as Sammie was messing with his bowtie. "You look fine." I said taking his hands away from his bow.

"Whatever."he sighed pulling the bowtie off then grumbled.

I rolled my eyes then leaned forward. "Where's Lenny?" I whispered to Jamie.

"I thought Derrick got him."he said as Derrick came back from the bathroom.

I sighed and nudged Sammie. He glared and I rolled my eyes.

"Lenny isn't here." I whispered.

"What?"he said a bit loud and earned some shushes.

Sammie looked around then cursed silently when he didn't see him.

"Looks like we got to get him." Sammie said and I sighed.

We snuck out the church and headed to Lenny's. Before I could knock the door something stopped me.

"What if it's best Lenny doesn't come." I said and Sammie stared.

"But Lenny promised your dad. Your dad looked so happy to know Lenny was coming-" Sammie started to say.

"But this is hurting Lenny...." I said dropping my hand down to my side.

"Well what do you think we should do?" Sammie asked putting his hands in his pockets.

I opened my mouth to say something but the door opened. Lenny looked up.

"What are you kids doing here?" Lenny asked locking his door.

"What are you doing still here?" I asked.

"You weren't at the thing so we came to get you." Sammie said rolling his eyes as I shook my head at him.

Lenny looked at his watch then sighed. "Late again."he said and started to speed up his pace down the stairs to his car.

"Lenny."I said as he opened his door.

He turned around and looked at me. "What is it now?"he said.

I gulped. "Does this hurt you?" I asked and he stared.

"Hurt me?"he said blinking.

Sammie yanked at my sleeve. "We know he's coming so let's go."he said quietly.

He's just trying to make me forget the subject.

"Yeah yeah. But first Lenny is this hurting you?" I asked and he sighed.

"If he's happy I'm happy."he said and then got in his car.

"We should get back before your dad notices." Sammie said dragging me to my car.

When we got there Lenny was standing in front of the door. It looked like he was in conflict with himself.

"Move it or lose it we gotta go inside." I said and he looked up.

He shoved his hands in his pockets. "Tell your dad I'm sorry that I couldn't make it...I don't think I can do this." he said and the doors opened and there was the man himself.

"You came!" dad said smiling big and Lenny sighed and smiled a bit.

"Yeah I came. Sorry for being-"he started to say but dad hugged him.

"Thank you Len." he said and pulled back then scowled at me and Sammie. "You two get inside. Len come on." he said dragging him inside.

Len was very antisocial, the only time you really heard him was when Derrick made him mad. Dad tried getting him to talk to single women hahaha his mistake.