(BABY/?) 14

Fourteen

Baby

  At long last it was my turn in the body. The older Ian’s always make me go last. But they had to give me a turn on this special. And King let me leave the pit. And King said happy birthday to me. That was nice of him. Maybe a little too nice of him in fact. I wonder if he’s going to do something mean to me later.

            Once my eyes focused I could see that I was at the party. These parties were no fun for me. No one ever wanted to play my games. Teenagers are so boring. All they ever want to do is drink and dance and kiss each other. I wanted to play pin the tail on the donkey. And you’re never too old to beat the life out of a hanging animal filled with candy. The other Ian’s thought they were to cool for that but I didn’t.

            The first course of action was candy. I never got to go treat or tricking anymore so I had to pig out on candy at these parties. I walked myself over to the table and started stuffing my face with all of the candy that was there. There were tons of people in the house. At the party and I wondered if even half of them had any clue who Ian was. If any of them knew any of us Ian’s. Or did they just want to come to a party.

            “If you eat that much you’re going to be sick.” A nice voice said and I looked up to see her. Everyone in the body knew her. Mischa Young was a light in our darkness to some and to others she was a walking nightmare. I didn’t know what to think of her yet though. This was only the first time that I got to meet her. She looked in my eyes and I don’t know what she saw but it made her smile. “I don’t think I’ve met you before.” She said her voice was really nice to listen to. It was like the mommy voices on TV. Soft and understanding and kind. It was nothing like my real mommy voice.

            “I’m Baby-Ian but everyone calls me Ducky.”

            “Ducky that’s so cute. Why are you called Ducky though?” she said and I giggled a bit.

            “Uncle Joe use to call Ian Ducky when he was my age. Hey Mischa want to play with me.” I asked her my eyes getting big and pleading so that she wouldn’t say no to me.

            “Of course I will play with you.” She said and I smiled and tapped her arm.

            “Tag you’re it.” I said and took off running through the house. Mischa was awesome. This is the first time anyone agreed to play with me at one of these parties. I ran out the house to see a black car with a bow on it pulling into the driveway. I didn’t know anything about cars but it was shiny so I liked it. My father parked as he mommy, Nakita, and Angel got out.

            My eyes lit up when I saw mommy. It seemed like forever since I saw her. And she wasn’t drunk. And she wasn’t passed out. I smiled when I saw her and rushed towards my mother.

            “MOMMY!” I yelled as I ran to her. Just like on TV when the kid run into their parents waiting arms. Only my mom wasn’t waiting for me and she screamed at the top of her lungs when she saw me coming and hid behind father. “Mommy.”

            “Ian that’s enough.” Father said with a frown on his face. It didn’t matter what I did. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get mommy to love me to love us. It was what I wanted the most. To give that to Daddy-Ian when he return to us. I wanted mommy to love us so that she would have to love him as well. But I was failing.

            I felt a sob bubble up in the throat and I turned from my family of big meanies and started to run down the street. I could feel the sting of tears in my eyes. Why couldn’t I do it? Why couldn’t I do the one thing that I really wanted? Why couldn’t I give Daddy-Ian the one thing that none of the others could ever give him.