“Who isn’t broken these days?” she remarked.

            “We killed your sister.”

            “People die all the time.”

            “What is wrong with you?” I asked pushing her away from me and frowning.

            “We all have secrets Dian. We all bear scars…” she reached up and touched my neck and I shivered because how did she know it was there. “Some are just easier to see then others. I decided a long time ago that I was going to love Nian. And not even he is going to stop me from that.”

            “You’re bad for us.” I said and she started to walk away. “You’re throwing off the balance.”

            “I’ll be back when a fun Ian comes out.” She said and walked away from me. I found a seat on the sofa and took it. I had a bad feeling building up inside of me. The last time I felt this way one our birthday Ian left us. I couldn’t even guess at what was going to come this time.

Prank

            “Fuck King!” I yelled as I paced the floor in Hades’s safe room.  “I’m going to kill that little cunt. I’m going to slaughter that idiotic twat. I will murder that pussy ass son of a bitch.”

            “My god Loki, aren’t we improving our vocabulary.” Hades said and I looked over at him and he had this amused little grin on his face. I rushed over to him grabbing a fist full of his hair and slamming him on the floor. I held my knife to his eye just as King had done me.

            “Come one Hades lets be twins.” I said and he only smiled.

            “Make me bleed then my master. I do so enjoy pain.”  I frowned at him before I stabbed my knife into his shoulder because after all I needed to release my rage on someone. I felt better after stabbing Hades and he just pulled my knife from his shoulder and licked at the blood that was on his hand.

            “King’s days are numbered you know. Why are you stressing out about him?” Hades said and I turned and looked at him frowning again. But he was right. King’s days were numbered. If he thought that he was going to get away with this then he was mistaken. I would make him pay in blood for everything that he has ever done.

            “He loves Nian’s girl doesn’t he.” Hades said playing with the blades on her fingers as if he was bored with this conversation. “In war when you can’t attack the body you attack the heart.”

            “King doesn’t have a heart.” I said and Hades laughed out madly.

            “Trust me he feels more than he would like to admit. Beside Loki King and Nian love the same girl. Hurting her is like two birds with one stone.” Hades said and I smiled now because I knew what he meant. I could take down King and Nian with one blow. I could topple two kings with one sword. My smile grew even wider as I thought about the fun that I was going to have with their woman.

            “Have fun my master.” Hades said as I moved my mask to cover my face.

            Opening my eyes I was on a sofa looking at others dance around me. I stood up already on a mission I needed to find Nian’s and King’s little slut so that I could make her bleed. I wanted to make her scream. I wanted their little Mischa to beg for mercy. To cry to them just so they can hear her and know that it is pointless. I wanted her to know that no one is ever going to come and help her.

            “Ian.” That idiot that Dian was friends with called to me and I cut my eyes over at him. Malikai was his name I believe. A big jackass was what he looked like. And what was he supposed to be. God I hated people like him.

            “Go jump off a cliff or I can push you later but I busy right now.” I spat my words at him because I didn’t have time to deal with his kind. I paused in my steps just now remembering what day it was. I just now remembered that it was my birthday only now recalling that it was Halloween.  I made a pit stop before looking for Mischa going to my room so that I could get my mask and put it on. Trick or treat mother fuckers.

            I returned downstairs to the others so that I could find her now. I saw her though like a beacon shining down on her telling me that she was there. She was dancing with some guy I believe he told Nian his name was Bijan or something lame like that. I could see the appeal of her. She was a very pretty girl. But I wasn’t Nian. And I damn sure wasn’t King. I wasn’t one to fall for slick words and a nice body. Mischa was going to feel pain tonight. Of that I could promise her.

            I reached in my pocket so that I could feel my knife. Then I walked over. I didn’t bother to say anything to the guy I just gave him a hard push away from her and he stumble backwards until he fell.

            “Ian!” Mischa yelled looking to her fallen friend and then at me. I reached out and grabbed her neck but she didn’t even react. She just looked me in the eyes. It felt as if she was daring me to hurt her. She was willing me to try my luck with her. Her eyes unnerved me but at the same time there were something dangerously sexy about the look in her eyes.

            I moved my mask so that I could really get a look at her. Dangerously beautiful was good words to describe her she seem like the kind of girl that got what she wanted just from wanting it. Maybe this was why they liked her so much. I could see it. I could feel it. Mischa Young was as fucked up as we are. I smiled because now I needed a new plan. There was no way in hell I could kill her. She was going to provide me with endless hours of fun. So then every king needs a queen. And taking her from them both is just as satisfying as killing her so neither could have her.

            I pressed my lips to hers and I felt her resist for a moment and then all at once she yielded to me. Because after all Loki, Nian, King whatever we are calling ourselves at the moment. In the end we all are still Ian.