“Cause you talk funny. Beside Ian would never beat me. Ian is kind. He’s nice to me we play all the time. We are best of friends.” King didn’t understand those words. Friends, kind, nice those were none of the words that Krad would use to describe Ian. Tough, hard, master those were the things that Ian was to King. To play with King never has Ian ever played with King. Ian only taught King he only ever showed King what was needed of King. Something new and different bubbled up inside of King. Something that was never felt before something that King didn’t understand. And it was aimed at Vigil. Because hating Ian was out of the question. So King focused King’s rage and hatred on Vigil.

            King eyes opened as he came out of the memory. Mischa was still beside King. Not sleeping but lying next to King. King sat up and Mischa did as well. Being locked away in Ian’s room was no way to have a party. Vigil thought he was the only one who had the right to have fun. King was going to have fun as well.

            “King’s going back to the party.” King told Mischa and she stood and grabbed King’s hand and smiled up at him.

            “Ok let’s go.”  She said in that cheery voice of hers. The strange feeling bubbling up inside of King once more reminded King that Mischa was a witch who couldn’t be trusted. But for now it was fine. Even King wanted to have fun once in a while. Even Ian allowed King to enjoy the birthday. All Ian’s were giving a turn. All Ian’s were allowed to enjoy and join in on this day. Ian made that clear to us all. That this wasn’t just one set Ian’s day. That it was a day for every Ian to be happy and free. King would need to release Ducky as well. But there were many more things hiding inside of the body that could take Ducky’s place.

            Just as Vigil used Jinx to do his dirty work King had a few monsters to use as well. King abandoned the body going into the mind so that King could find someone to take Ducky place at the pit. The pit where he lays, he almost got up. He did get out and if King wasn’t thinking he would have made it farther. King can’t allow that. King worked too hard to get to where King is now just so some other Ian and take it from him. Just so some Ian can toss King back into the darkness. Six years ago Vigil was out for blood. Not even King could stop him. The smart move was to hide and buy time. Vigil. That was something Ian didn’t tell him. He didn’t tell him about the end plan. He didn’t tell him about the Ian that I have in the pit.

            “King.” Loki called as King walked the hall going to King’s dark room. King eyes slid over to him and he fell in step with King.

            “What do you want with King?” I asked.

            “I want my turn in the body. I want my fun.” Loki said. “And Hades wants his as well.”

            “You and Hades will just have to wait your turn like every other Ian in this body.” King said and Loki grabbed King’s arm stopping him. King looked down at the hand touching him and with his free hand grabbed Loki by the throat and slammed him in the wall strangling him. King reached in his pocket taking out a small Swiss army knife that King has become fond of over the years. King pressed the blade to the lid under Loki’s left eyes and pressed it in bring blood as King ran the blade down his face to his chin. The only sign that showed he might have been in pain was a sharp intake of breath. “You forget your place Loki.” King said. “King as let you talk back to much. But never forget…” King got close to Loki so that King’s lips were at his ear. “King owns you. And your little dog too.” King then licked the blood from Loki’s face and King could feel him shiver.

            King released Loki after that and he stumbled away coughing and holding the new wound on his face. Next time Loki will know better than to make demands of King. Then to speak to King with that tone of voice. Indeed if he thought that he would go unpunished then King has been letting him get away with too many things. King stepped into his dark room and could hear the whispering voice around him. But King tuned it out as King searched for what he was looking for. One of the many monsters that was made by Ian. King wondered sometimes if the Ian’s were monsters as well.

            Finding the right one for the job was easy. King knew what one he was looking for already.  A beast with six arms, and eight eyes, and a dog face, and a human body, and poisonous fangs with a mouth for of jaded teeth. He smelled like decay but all forgotten things have the smell of death that lingers on them.    

            “Rex.” King said and the beast man looked at King.

            “King, Krad, Dark what are you going by this days?” his voice was deep and booming but King only smiled at him. Just like Loki these idiot liked to play tough until King made a bitch out of them.

            “King has a job for you so follow King.” King told him and he did because let’s face it any job is better than being forgotten. King went to the pit to see Ducky sitting on the edge of it swing his legs singing the song of Ian. “Ducky.” King called and he looked back his eyes widening at the sight of Rex. “Happy birthday Ducky.” King said and Ducky stood.

            “Happy birthday King.”

            “You may leave.” King told him and he nodded and started to walk pass King. “Ducky.” King called and Ducky stopped in his steps. “Where is your bunny?”

            “Ummmm I don’t know.” Ducky said and gave a childish giggle before running off. My eyes shifted from Ducky to Rex.

            “Kill anything that comes out.” King told him and he nodded as King took one look into the darkness of the pit seeing nothing at all hearing nothing at all. Then King turned around and left.