Day 2

'Then he showed me another vision. I saw the Lord standing beside a wall that had been built using a plumb line. He was using a plumb line to see if it was still straight. And the Lord said to me, "Amos, what do you see?"
I answered, "A plumb line."
And the Lord replied, "I will test my people with this plumb line. I will no longer ignore all their sins. The pagan shrines of your ancestors will be ruined, and the temples of Israel will be destroyed; I will bring the dynasty of King Jeroboam to a sudden end."
Amos 7:7-9

Happy stuff, isn't it? The thing about this part of the bible is that it is in the old testament. Before Jesus. You see, when Jesus came, he took the blame for all our sins. We are free, because of Him. In the Old Testament, however, we didn't have Jesus, so in return for our sins, we made sacrifices, or were punished. This just shows how wonderful God is, that he sent his own SON to DIE for us, so that he wouldn't be forced to make us pay. This is because he loves us.

Anyway, back to the scripture. I have already guessed the question on your lips. What on Earth is a Plumb Line? And no, it's not a way of fishing with a juicy fruit as bait. A plumb line is actually a tool that consists of a small, heavy object attached to a string or rope and that is used especially to see if something (such as a wall) is perfectly vertical. In other words, it is a tool that checks if things like walls are perfectly straight and perpendicular to the ground. So in this part of the bible, God is telling us that he will check that you are 'straight', and you haven't committed any sins. And by 'straight', I don't mean in a straight line, or straight as in your sexuality. I mean whether or not you are following God's word. Now, as we know, Jesus died for us to stop us being 'measured' and being held accountable for our actions. But this doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to not sin and do wrong. God prefers it if we do the right thing, not the wrong. Because we know in our hearts that doing what he says is right.

Prayer
Dear Lord,
Thank you for giving your son so that we may be free. Thank you for giving us the ability to know right from wrong. Sorry for the wrongs I have done, and the wrongs I will continue to do. Please help me to make the right choices and follow your word. You are wonderful, God.
Amen