“Kingie.” Angel yelled as he ran to King. “Me be good today.” He said. “Mommy no wake up. Me be hungry.”

            “You should have used your toy to wake her. King will show you how.” King took the box cutter from King brother’s hands and grabbed his tiny hand with the other one leading him over to our drunken mother. “Remember Angel if it does bleed it isn’t worth it.”

            “Me understand.”  He said and watched as I pushed the blade out and pressed it to the soft skin of mother neck. King didn’t want to kill her. Killing her would be no fun. Let them live. That is what King was taught. That is what Yoru instilled in King. Instilled in Nian and Evian and Dian and Loki and Hades and Ducky. Yoru taught Ian well. As a whole he taught Ian everything that we know. Why kill when making them suffer is much more fun. When drawing it out will insure the maximum amount of pleasure.

            “Do you want the honors?” King asked Angel and passed him the box cutter again. “Not too hard. All the alcohol will make her bleed out faster.”

            “Just a little then Kingie.” Angel said and King nodded. Angel pressed the blade to mother throat. He had to use both hands since his were so little. King waited and King watched. King could smell the blood already though Angel didn’t cut her yet. King could feel the pain that was going to come.

            “Angel stop!” Nakita yelled grabbed the box cutter from Angel and mother jumped up at the same time. King’s sister looked at him staring daggers at him as she stood there. This judgmental look on her face as she judged King. As if she had the right to judge King. King would cut her as well didn’t she know. No one was safe. No one was untouchable.

            “Kita.” Angel whined when he couldn’t have his fun. And King was disappointed as well. King wanted blood. King wanted to see mother bleed.

            “What are you teaching him?” Nakita asked King and King tilted his head to the side as King looked at her. What was King teaching Angel? Only the rules that he needed to live by. Only the rules of life that King was taught. Rule one there is no such thing as love. Rule two pain heals all wounds. Rule three when in doubt make it bleed. Those rules were branded into King’s mind. They were branded into all Ian’s mind. Oh yes once more Kings says Yoru did a hell of a job training King. Training all Ian’s then and now. “Why can’t you be normal?!” she yelled

            Normal? King was puzzled by this word because what was Normal. In this life who sat the standards for normality. King only smiled at his dear sweet sister and walked away from them going upstairs to King’s room. There were still locks on King’s door but no one bothered to lock them anymore. Instead they locked themselves away at night. Hiding behind doors as if King couldn’t get in. As if King didn’t know how to pick a lock or two.

            King shut his door tightly behind and sat down in the chair in King’s room. An unsettling numbness filled the body. At times King envies the other Ian’s. They all have feeling and reasons and though King knows his reason for being it has be eons since King felt anything. The bitch kissed King and the door opened. Nian was free and soon if not already Dian and Evian would be free as well. King wanted to be excited. King wanted to be happy that at long last King gets his war. At long last King gets to go against Nian. But King felt nothing at all.

            King closed his eyes and was on the mind. On the right side of the brain Loki was sitting on the floor looking at the fox mask that he wore on his face. It was in his hand and he was looking at it as if he was deep in thought.

            “What are you doing?” King asked him and he looked up at King.

            “What does it look like?” he dared to take that tone with King. King only stared at him threateningly and he sighed and put the mask on his head twisting it to the side so that his face was uncovered. “Nian, Dian, and Evian are free.” Loki said and King nodded. King knew this already.