They stopped their walking at last in front of some kind of a pizza place. I edge closer waiting for a few minutes before going inside. I walked over to the counter making sure I hide my face as my eyes scanned the room for Billy and Seamus. The night wasn’t lost yet they had to leave again and I would be here waiting to follow them into some dark alley when they did leave. I would be here waiting to end their lives. I spotted Billy first and saw him going up some back steps and then Seamus following behind them. I frowned because I must say in the first time in my life I was at a lost. I knew my brother was an idiot. I knew that Seamus was one too. I knew it was funny that Seamus had that bandage on his face from when Day-Ian punched him and broke his nose. But mostly I knew that there was nothing that they could keep from me. Day-Ian, Night-Ian it never mattered what Ian I was I always knew what those two were up to. But why were they here? Why were they sneaking around in the dark? They weren’t like me. It wasn’t like father or mother or Aunt May or Uncle Joe was going to say something to them if they saw them leaving the house late at night. So why did they need to hide where they were going? Why did they keep looking over their shoulders as if they were afraid someone was going to care what they did?

            I waited a bit before I walked through the store going to the same set of steps I saw them go up and taking them myself. It was a storage area up here for the shop below. All that I could see was boxes. Was this some secret meeting? I stopped walking when I heard muttering.

            “It’s been a while.” Seamus had said.

            “What happened to your face?” a voice I didn’t know asked.

            “Fucking Ian.” Was the answer they were given.

            “Ian…that nut isn’t locked away somewhere yet?”

            “That’s what I said.” Seamus said.

            “What are you looking at me for? You think I want to live in the same house as him. Everything was great in my life before he came along.” Billy hissed out.

            “You all should have locked him up a long time ago. If it wasn’t for that nutcase you call a brother then maybe Yoru would be here today.” He said and I felt a sharp pain stab through my brain when he said that name.

            I was four, five, four maybe… probably. I was in a room sitting on the floor in the center of the room. My heart was racing. My vision was buried. Something was over my eyes so I couldn’t make out details. My hands were tied. There was someone in here. A boy that was older than me. He was seven, eight, seven… probably. He was talking to me. His words were muttered I couldn’t make sense of them. I was afraid and yet at the same time I wasn’t. He said something and I opened my mouth. He tied something behind my head putting something in my mouth. It tasted like metal, no, it tasted like iron. I could feel something sharp and cold run across my skin. It ran up my arm across my collar bone down the other arm. My mind was racing just as fast as my heart faster than my heart. There were voices inside that I never heard before. Who was talking to me? Who was in my head? Who was I at this moment in time? I was Day-Ian, Night-Ian, Day-Ian, NO, I was Ian. Pain came as my skin opened up and my blood started to flow. I bit down on the bar that was in my mouth getting an even stronger taste of iron. Tears slipped from my eyes and the older boy slapped me. Crying wasn’t allowed. I turned my head looking away from him and saw a door. It was shut tight. I felt his breath on my neck. His lips breathed against my ear.

            “You can never tell them Ian. What happens behind the red door.” He said. And I felt his tongue run up my arm licking at the blood that was leaking from the wound that he had caused. I blinked still in the storage room still me still Night-Ian. I felt sick. I was on my knees but I couldn’t remember how I got there. My eyes were leaking tears but I couldn’t remember why I was crying.