Katia put her fork down and wiped her lips with the napkin before walking around the table towards her sister in law.

Cristiano's eyes filled with tears just by the look of heartbreak on Aleyna's face. Katia turned the paper towards her , scanning her eyes over the black words that was on the paper.

Katia's jaw fell slack. she looked at Cristiano before looking back at Aleyna and pulled her into a hug. "oh meu Deus. i'm so sorry" Katia muttered into the hug.

at that moment , Aleyna didn't respond. she didn't sob. she just stared at the paper before looking up at Cristiano.

"baby" he said and took a step forward , his heart aching once she took a step back. she shook her head and took another step back.

"Aleyna? anjo , what's wrong?" Sophia asked , concerned about everything. it was rare that Aleyna ever cried. she was the definition of happy. she was always optimistic and had a good side for everything. 

Aleyna felt their eyes on her and cleared her throat , holding the paper a little back so she could see properly. she wiped her tears away and cleared her vision.

"the DNA test results for Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Aveiro and Santiago Lopez is 99.9%"

everyone stopped doing anything. they held their breaths at the news. you could've heard a pin drop on the floor.

Cristiano let his tears fall when he heard the pain in her voice. Aleyna's throat ached.

Maria also stood up , her eyebrows furrowing as she looked at her brother. the footballer looked up at his wife , shocked to see her eyes finally away from the paper and now on him.

he was sure those pained eyes would haunt him everyday.

"Ally , anjo.." Cristiano said , his voice cracking and a couple of tears falling from his eyes. "i wanted to tell you. trust me , i wanted to"

Aleyna felt her heart break again at his words. "this test was taken 7 years ago , Cristiano"

Sophia had her hands over her mouth , not believing what was going on. she couldn't believe they had done this or that they had to find out this way.

"you knew about him since he was born. and not once were you going to tell me about it." Aleyna said , her eyes burning yet again.

"7 years. 7 years of our 9 years together had been a joke , Cristiano?" Aleyna asked , her voice cracking in the process.  she just let the tears fall , the paper in her hands long forgotten.

"no , no it wasn't , i swear it wasn't" Cristiano said , shaking his head as he looked at his wife. "then what was it? it certainly wasn't a marriage" Aleyna let out.

her eyes flickered to Lyra who was still standing there with her arms crossed and her eyes on the two of them. not once did she say something.

"you were my best friend. my sister. you were supposed to be there for me , Lyra. just like i was there for you" Aleyna began.

"i did everything for you. spend every moment together. i loved you , Lyra" the Spanish girl said with tears in her eyes as she stared at her former best friend.