𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏 (Do read the author's note in the chapter end)

Rudra Dev

I have no idea of what happened after I was met with an accident. However, when my consciousness retreated, my whole body felt impassive. I flickered my eyes open but there were bandages wrapped around them.

I panicked deeming all possible ways of being injured, which heightened my heartbeat, and a peeping noise blew up in the room.

I heard the door opening and soon an elderly man's voice passed into my ear "Calm down Rudra" I can't. "Am I alright?" I implored desperately. "You are fine, your body hasn't sustained any major injuries" Only then did I become quite relaxed.

"But Rudra, be calm and listen to my words. If I had let your family explain this to you, their would-be complications and errors when they communicate it back to you, so I'm saying it directly to you" I scrunched my eyebrows in despair.

"Your vision has been impaired temporarily. But we can't operate it now itself, we will lend some medications and you have to show up for checkups once for two weeks. This has to be followed for three months, and then we will operate your eyes. Chances of recovering your eyesight back are high, Rudra" It took me a moment to refine all his words...am I blind now?

I don't know what should I do. It will be alright...after the operation, I can see the world yet again in its colorful self. Yes...I should be confident. Even this will pass. Be calm Rudra. I tried my best to soothe myself. I can't lose control. I have always trusted the fact that serene brings contentment. Whatever the situation is, I'm going to follow it thus far.

Minutes later after the doctor had left me alone, I strived to get adapted to my defect of being encountered with darkness. But it hurts...I can't see anyone!!! No matter how much I tried to convince myself that it was okay, I couldn't resist becoming nervous as time skipped by.

Suddenly, I heard an anklet's sound, and I instantly got overwhelmed as soon as the fact of I couldn't see her dawned upon me.

I felt Yazhini's fingers caressing my cheeks and without any restraint, my teardrops slipped out my eyes, coasting down my cheeks.

"Ennanga.." her voice. The sadness embedded in it is so exposed. I don't want to make her cry. I don't want to be the reason for her sorrow.

"This is temporary... you will soon be able to see." Though I already know that, having someone I love saying it made me feel less scared.

We stayed quiet and a while later, I attended to the door opening sound again. My parents, in-laws, Karan, Lakshmi, Leela aunty...I listened to everyone's concerning words but one person was missing...Veer.

I needed to confront him and discipline him in so many facets. For all the terrible litigations, he had done to my Yazhini, I'm so damn resentful against him.

"Where is Veer?" I asked and abruptly everyone halted speaking. "He...he.." I heeded to my mom's hesitating tone and frowned.

"Yazhini,?" I called her, hoping to get a response. "Ennanga...he is.." she also began stammering which made me suspicious.

"Something's wrong with him? Is he alright?" I questioned in anxiousness. Did something happen to him!??

"Yes, he is al--." My mom spoke up but my dad abruptly cut her off. "Stop caring for him Rudra. He doesn't deserve to be alright, let him suffer for doing this sin to you! I had disowned him and now, he isn't your brother nor my son anymore."

What? I was startled thoroughly by his outburst.

"Appa?" I gasped lowly, not having any clue why he is conversing like that. "Do you want to know who is behind your accident? It's Veer!" I sighed in shock, disregarding the pain that surge into my chest upon hearing those phrases.

"Good for him. He had surrendered voluntarily, admitting to the nasty offenses he committed! Not only he had been the mastermind behind your accident but also he had assaulted your wife!! I'm disgusted with his behavior" had assaulted...!?

I clutched Yazhini's hand tighter that was resting on mine. "He really did?" Where did my parents and I went so wrong in raising him? Why does he--

"Yes" hearing her reply, my heart crumbled down in anger and utter dismay.

"Yet you still decided to conceal all your past with Veer from me." I calmly spoke to Yazhini. "I thought you wouldn't trust me over him. I'm sorry..." She said shakily. I understand her point of view but even then, she shouldn't have stayed quiet after he had harassed her!

"How long was I in the hospital?" I inquired, completely emotionally exhausted due to all these problems. "Three days" Yazhini muttered.

"When did Veer surrender himself?" I know I'm so stupid to still show my care for him but I can't help it. He is my brother after all. Then again, reckoning about the things he did to Yazhini, I feel suffocated to express my concern for him.

"On your day of the accident and now it's been three days since he is held captive in the police station sir," Karan replied to my query. "Contact our legal professionals and tell them that I want to cancel the case filed on him regarding my accident, let him be condemned only for his assault case" I heard gasps around the room.

"Rudra! Are you serious!??" My father's voice boomed. "Yes dad, I am. If he had gone this far, then isn't it obvious that his parents had failed in raising him well? I can take some blame too, but more is on your shoulders" I could forgive him. If this attempt to murder case goes on, his whole life will be ruined.

I can't bear to see that!

"Rudra.." I could picture my dad's speechless expression."Ennanga, then terminate the invasion of privacy issue too. His life will be spoiled If he was convicted in such a sexual assault case." I didn't think about it from that perspective. Yet... I'm not sure of what to say in this matter.

"Yazhini!! What are you blabbering now!!?" I inferred that is Yazhini's mom. "He had done such sickening things to my daughter but you still wanted to let him free??" Her anger is acceptable...

"Ma...after he realized his mistake and even had surrendered himself willingly, don't you think he deserves a second chance. He is still too young" though I agree with her words, his mistakes are not very simple ones.

"Are you sure Yazhini?" She replied a 'yes' confidently. "Karan, get into action" I stated steadily. "Okay sir" he responded.

I sighed tired of everything.

................

❤️❤️❤️

IMPORTANT ⚠️

I've written this story when I wasn't matured enough, and certain segment of this story which I've written is just immature.

In this chap, Yazhini forgives Veer for assaulting her. I don't know how I was okay with letting him go so easily but guys no...never let a guy go freely If he molests you even slightly. I apologize for writing such a thing...and please don't take example out of Yazhini's behaviour.

_____________________