Sixty Nine

"Do you, Mr. Wang Yibo, take Miss Mandi Yang Zi, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love, cherish and respect her. To stand with her at all times, in sickness and in health, in poor and in rich, until death do you apart?" The pastor asked, looking at the young man who he noticed had been standing here like no one existed. 

He noticed the young man spacing out and there's one thing he noticed that was troubling his heart ever since he started his sermon and proclamation, that the young man had tears in his eyes while looking at him as if pleading with his eyes to stop the wedding, but each time he looked at the boy's parents, especially his mother, they nod for him to go ahead and ignore the young man's behaviour, which he did, but the young man's tears are hurting his mind and had mostly been interrupting him. 

He wants to stop this wedding, he doesn't like the facial expressions on this young man, but he also can't stop the wedding that had started already and no one interrupted him when he asked; if anyone here is against this marriage. He looked at everyone's face and all were smiling, including the groom's bride, so he had no reason to stop the wedding, but trust him, he doesn't like how miserable the young man feels and what baffles him was the men in the Black suit that surrounded them, making it even impossible for him to do anything.

On asking him the question, the pastor and the congregation looked at Wang Yibo to say something, but Wang Yibo remained silent like it wasn't him those questions were asked. The pastor looked at Wang Yibo and asked again, but still, Wang Yibo refused to speak or reacted like someone was speaking to him. All were stunned when they heard what the young man said. 

"Why should I accept her to be my lawfully wedded wife when it's obvious I don't even want to be here, talk more of marrying her?" Wang Yibo asked, whilst his tears rolling down making the pastor finally confirm his curiosity, he was forced to marry her, while the rest started murmuring among themselves and that made Mrs. Susan feel like killing her son with how he is embarrassing them in front of their friends and business partnership. 

Wang Yibo ignored those murmurs and his mother's murderous look since he sensed her stares and noticed how embarrassed she felt, and of course, he had vowed to make her pay for this and he's just starting. 

Wang Yibo continued, "Should I love, cherish, and respect her? Seriously, are you kidding me? Love and cherish who? This bitch?" Wang Yibo snarled and stoned Yang Zi with a piercing look, making Yang Zi look at her mother who was gnashing her teeth, watching this boy embarrassing and shaming her in front of her well-respected friends and his mother couldn't do something? Mrs. Mandi looked at Mrs. Susan who was as embarrassed as her and Mrs. Susan trembled on seeing her threatening gaze. 

Wang Yibo, of course, noticed all these going on and decided to add more. He continued, "Did I hear you say in poor and in rich, in sickness and in health? This pastor, can't you see all I wish now is her death and the death of my mother? Can you please ask this God to strike them to death and spare me this pain..."

"Enough! You stupid idiot! How dare you utter such rubbish in my presence?" Mrs. Susan barked, can't take the shame anymore, but Wang Yibo looked at her grits, his teeth, his chest palpitating in so much anger and disgust while looking at her son with her daring eyes, and of course, Wang Yibo cared less. 

With how Mrs. Susan stormed up and barked, made everyone go silent and Mrs. Susan noticed that and laughed nervously, "Sorry everyone, my son drank this morning that's why he is acting like this. He's happy he's getting married, so don't take this to heart." Mrs. Susan tried to apologize before this scandal her son had created went viral. "Pastor, please skip everything and pronounce them husband and wife, of course, he accepts. Does he have a choice?" Mrs. Susan added and stoned her son with a warning look, but Wang Yibo rolled his eyes and looked away from her.