Twenty Two

-FLASHBACKS-

BACK  AT  THE  STATE

~Wang Yibo's POV~

I remember that every day I was called by my father and was informed by Xiao Zhan that we will be going to the USA to further our education. I was so happy, I was beyond excited and didn't even know how to express my happiness that day. Most people might be thinking I was happy because I am going to study abroad. 

No, far from it. I was very happy because I will be staying alone with my Zhanzhan. I am going to marry him over there, take care of him like I always dreamt of, I will be left alone with him in the same room and I will be doing adult business with him. I can't believe the opportunity has finally come for me to fulfill my promises to my Zhanzhan, my bunny, my beautiful wife, that's how I regard him.

That very moment, we all gathered in the living room and were discussing it. My father started, "Son, you will be travelling to the state, with your brother Zhan here, I will want both of you to go there and emphasize your knowledge, too versed your intelligence in business, since both of you are my sole heir to all my companies. I want you both to go there and make me proud, okay." 

Father had told us. I was sitting with my Zhanzhan while listening to my father speak, but trust me, I don't think I understand what my father said, not even one bit of it. My mind had already travelled to the said country, and I'm imagining holding hands with my Zhanzhan, exploring the city, screaming to the whole people of the USA how much I love my Zhanzhan, how much I will love to be with him, how much I will love to make him my bride, make food for him, and made sure he eats as much as he wants, I just can't wait to take him out of this house, because, mum, is making life so miserable for my Zhanzhan.

This was the main reason why I wanted to take Zhanzhan away. Because of my mother, she maltreated my Zhanzhan, she didn't give him food sometimes, she punished him with any little offence, both those that needed punishment and those that didn't. 

She never ceased any given opportunity to make Zhanzhan cry and had so many times asked why she is doing that to Zhan, why was she being mean to him? Why was she always treated him harshly, and she had repeatedly told me that Zhan is a witch, an abominable child who killed his parents the very day he was given birth and that I should stay away from him before he kills me too.

I found that absurd, unbelievable, my Zhanzhan can't hurt a fly, he was such a fragile boy and can never hurt anyone and not even his parents. As young as I was back then, I don't believe mum and I don't want to believe her. If I die in the hands of my bunny, I don't mind, because my heart, my soul and everything else in my body, longed for him and I will do anything to protect him. I was thinking about this and didn't know father was talking to me.

"Yibo, are you with me? What are you even thinking? Do you hear what I just said now?" He asked with his usual cold voice that always gives me and Zhanzhan goosebumps.

"Yes, Dad... You said I should...I ...I should marry Zhanzhan...."

"Shut up! Who do you hear that kind of nonsense from? You want to marry your brother?" My father asked, now I understand is not what he told us, I think I just blurted out my thoughts, since I can see my Zhanzhan laughing so hard, which made me smile, instead of being afraid of dad. 

My father smiled at my silly jokes and shook his head. "No both you listen, I said you should go and make me and your mother proud, marry your books and come back to take over our family business. Do you understand?"

"No!" We heard mummy's voice interrupting me and Zhan, and we all turned and looked at her climbing downstairs. "Xiao Zhan is not leaving this house anywhere! What are you trying to prove? That he is of the same standard with our son? How can you want to spend much money on the son of my maid? A common driver's son? It will never happen! Not while I am still alive!"