Fifthy Seven

Mrs. Susan looked at him and said. "Prepare and come down now... We're going to the hospital..." Mrs. Susan said to Zhan to scrutinize his face to make sure if what she's thinking might be wrong with him is true or is she just insinuating it. 

Could it be that her guts are telling the truth? Could it be that he is pregnant? Pregnant? How could he be pregnant when he is a boy? But come to think of it, there is a special male out there that can get pregnant and even birth a baby as a female does. Could Xiao Zhan be part of those males? But who could be responsible for it? 

"No, I shouldn't be thinking about this. I can't think of such a thing. He can't be pregnant? But the signs are all written all over his body? His swollen nipples, his pale face, his colour seems to change in my eyes, he looks sick, weak and terrible. And he winced in so much pain when I touched his lower abdomen. He can't be pregnant! No! He can't! No under my roof! Who will nurture him? Who will he bring such shame to? Me? Of course, it can't be me! I will not allow such in my house! God help him! Because once I take him to the hospital and confirm he is pregnant, I swear, he will not spend a minute in my house! He will leave this house and take that bastard to whoever got him pregnant! Son of a bitch! Just pray!" 

With these thoughts in Mrs. Susan's mind, she left Xiao Zhan's room and started going back to her room to prepare as well, while still thinking of the possibility of Xiao Zhan's sickness resulting in him being pregnant, or it was just her imagination.

Xiao Zhan on the other hand sighed in relief when Mrs. Susan left his room. He thought he would be dead today. He couldn't believe Mrs. Susan knew he let him off without beating him to a pulp like she used to. But come to think of it, why is he always sleeping in the class? Why is he always weak like he is just now? His head is spinning, his eyes turning and his stomach chumming again, having the urge to barf again. 

Why is he always feeling this way? He knew he always gets this unbearable pain beneath his lower abdomen, especially whenever Mrs. Susan beats him up, but the pain he is feeling underneath him these past weeks was more severe and extremely unbearable for him.

He no longer eats the way he used to and some of the foods he loves eating are becoming something he no longer wants to perceive and talk more of putting inside his mouth. Some smell chums his stomach that he ends up running away from the school canteen just to avoid the students' food, which had never happened to him before. 

What is happening? What is wrong with him? Is he about to join his parents in their grave? The fever he feels at night is becoming horrible for Xiao Zhan because he no longer sleeps well at night, and that's why he is waking up very late these days. His nipples hurt like hell whenever he mistakenly comes in contact with it and he's feeling himself getting a little bit fatter than he was. Could it be that this sickness wants to kill him or something? Because he had never been sick for long like this.

All his life he had been staying with Mrs. Susan, all he got from her was beating and maltreatment that he ended up falling sick out, but before two to three days, he found himself whole again. Sometimes Dylan was the one who bought medicines for him and once he drank it, all the pains he felt ended up vanishing into thin air, but doesn't understand why this particular sickness doesn't want to leave him, despite Dylan buying so many medications for him and the same goes to Wang Yibo. 

Both of them have given him medicine enough that he should be well by now, but he keeps getting sicker the more he drinks the medicine they bought for him. Could this be the end of the road for him? Is this how he will end up? Dying out of this strange sickness and leaving his Boo behind? Why can't this sickness leave him and save him this headache? Can't this sickness see it's putting him into more trouble every day? And now, Mrs. Susan has caught him sleeping late. Xiao Zhan thanked his stars that Mrs. Susan didn't unleash her anger on him like she always does.