Fifty

"My love, can you stop pushing me away? Can you understand I'm also in pain, especially seeing you like this? I have a suggestion, let's run away from here....." Wang Yibo immediately said, hugging Zhan on finding him crying on the floor bitterly. 

Xiao Zhan choked. What did he just say now? What should they do? Run.. run away? How could he think of a thing like that? How could he suggest such to him? In as much as he would love to run away with him right now so that he would be alone with him and continue loving him, he can't do it. Not when Mr. Wang had always been so nice and good to him. He had always taken him as his son and had always treated him as such. 

Why would he betray his love and trust in him by running away with his son? He is not just sleeping with someone he regards as his brother, but will also run away with him, hurting their parents because of their selfish desires? He can't do that, no matter what he has always wanted, but he can't.

With these thoughts, Xiao Zhan cupped Wang Yibo's face and made him look at his teary eyes. Xiao Zhan shook his head, "Boo, have you officially gone crazy? How can you even think of doing something like that? Don't you know It's a crime? And you shouldn't be thinking such a bad disrespectful thing as running away from a problem that will never go away, not until we solve it. They are your parents, they birth you, clothed you, and do everything to see we get the best in life. I know mother doesn't like me or was ever a fan of what I did, but is this what you are gonna expect we give to them in return? A shame for life? Don't you think before uttering such a thing?..."

"But what about you? You never were respected or treated as a part of this family." Wang Yibo cut him off. He cupped Xiao Zhan's face and made him look at him, even though Xiao Zhan was closing his eyes. 

Wang Yibo continued, "Baby, look at me, They always treated you like a houseboy even though they claimed you as their son. Don't you want to be free and live with me? We will get married and later we can tell my parents and they won't have any option but to either accept us or disown us but at least, I won't be forced to marry Yang Zi." 

Wang Yibo let down his tears while still looking at Zhan who was shedding an ocean of tears. "Baby, can't you see if we continue staying here that mother will force me against my will? Can't they see that they might separate us? Baby, run away with me please and let's end this torture for you. I can't stand seeing you in pain caused by my mother anymore... Baby, please...run away with me." 

Xiao Zhan can also see the young man was also dying in silence and he can see he was as broken as he is. He immediately embraced Wang Yibo and mumbled on the crook of his neck, "No, Boo... I can't do it. I love you, Boo, I love you so much that it's killing me seeing you slipping away from me, but my love isn't selfish to hurt someone else's feelings. They have nurtured me and my father, he has always treated me like his son no matter what the circumstances were. He always kept my needs on the top and made sure he provided me with whatever I needed. I can't do this to him, even though I love you, but I would never elope with you. It's either by their permission or...."

Wang Yibo immediately pulled out from the embrace and made Xiao Zhan look at him. "Or what Zhan? Tell me, what are you trying to insinuate? Tell me..."

"Or we stop this!" Xiao Zhan cried and finally opened his eyes and found that painful one of Wang Yibo and can see how frozen he had become staring at him with his tears streaming down. 

"Can't you see this between us is not working? Can't you see we can never be together? Can't you see it can't work no matter how we want it to work? Maybe we're not meant to be together. We can't be together, it's obvious." Xiao Zhan started crying in heartbreak. He knew how it was gonna end and ending it now seems to be the best, but he can see he is hurting the other man and his heart hurts so much seeing those painful tears of his Boo.