Chapter 112

Janelle's POV
I sat at the edge of my bed thinking. Thinking about my life. I couldn't get the thought of my dad lurking around the streets. He still hadn't been caught yet. I thought back to my 10th birthday. The first day my "dad" raped me. My eyes started to water. Ive tried to get those thoughts out of my mind for 15 years but i couldn't. Everyday when i came back from school he would do it because my mum was always late. I tried to got to a friends house or stay at school but if i took too long he would beat me up. When i got changed for pe, people laughed at my bruises and the teachers were concerned. I had to lie and say i fell or it was an accident. He did it for 6 years. I was raped for 6 years and the fact that he was still on the streets scared me. I didnt want to go out there. I put my head in my hands and cried. Why did he do this to me. The door opened and Jerome walked in.
"Baby, i got you some prin- whats wrong?" He said throwing the pringles on the bed. When he said it i cried more. He came over and held me close to him.
"Baby, tell me"
"H-he raped me - "
"Who?"
"My dad"
"When?"
"Ever since i was 10"
"10!?"
I cried some more
"When did he stop?"
"When i was 16"
"For 6 years?"
I nodded while i cried.
"Babe, hes still out there"
"Ik b, the police will get him" he held me close to his body. I held him tight.
I wish i had Jerome to be with me all my life.