-Newt- •After•

Your POV
Ugh! Another day of being a med-jack and nothing happens! "Hey Girly, you seem a bit down. What's up?" Jeff asks sitting next to me "I just wish there was something else I could do. Something different from just sitting here all day and do nothing!" I tell him "Hey, you're a great Med-Jack." He tells me "Maybe...but all I do is sit here and stitch up some fingers from slicers." I say and let out a loud sigh "I can't help you with that. Maybe you can ask Alby if you could have a day off once a week." He Suggests "He will never allow that, but I could always try. I'll ask him tomorrow." I say with a sad smile. He smiles back and walks away. Maybe I should go out and look for Gally or Minho? They are really good friends of mine. I was about to walk out when Minho and Alby walked in "Oh my gosh." I whisper as I look at Newt's limp body. I rush towards them and put Newt's face in my hands "Newt? Newt? Can you hear me?" I say trying to wake him up. I look up at Minho and Alby "What happened?" I ask them

"We don't know for sure." Alby says "We think he jumped off one of the shucking walls in the maze. We found him on the floor, tangled in the Ivy." Minho tells me. I eye him up and down and see his leg "Lie him down on the bed." I tell them "JEFF!! I AM GOING TO NEED SOME HELP IN HERE!!" I yell. Jeff runs into the room and sees Newt "What happened?" He asks concerned "He probably jumped off the wall in the maze." I tell him. I slowly roll up the leg of his pants "We need to stop the bleeding, then clean the wound and bandage it." I tell Jeff. He nods and runs off to get some supplies. I walk towards Newt's head and feel his pulse "Thank god." I whisper. I look at him and carefully push some strains of his hair out of his face. I stroke his cheeks softly and try to stop the tears from falling down from my eyes. Jeff walks back into the room "Y/N, I have the supplies." He says. I look up and wipe my tears from my eyes "Let's get to work." I say and walk back to his leg. I noticed that Minho and Alby were still here and started to talk a little "Could you guys leave?" I ask them "No way! When the Shank wakes up I want to have a talk with him!" Alby says "You are not helping." Jeff tells him "She needs to focus. She's the best Med-Jack we have." And with that Minho and Alby walked away. 

*Time Skip*

Jeff and I finished about an hour ago. Newt is still knocked out...or asleep...or dying... I really don't know what's going on, or what I can do to help him. I don't even know if he is ever going to wake up again, and there is nothing I can do about it. Kinda funny...I couldn't help it but starting to laugh. Then Jeff walks in "Y/N? What are you doing? Why are you laughing?" He asks "You see, Newt might be dying and...I can't help him." I say while I am still laughing. He looks at me with his eyes wide opened "Did you drink some of Gally's drink?" He asks "NO! I'm fine!!" I say still laughing. As I walk away I walk past Newt. I looked at him for one sweet second and that's when I felt the tears coming from my eyes. I fall down on my knees and start to cry. Jeff runs up to me and holds me tightly "I can't help him." I cry. He tries to make me stop crying, but the tears and screams just start coming. The screams are loud. Floor and clothes are wet from my tears. Whatever Jeff tried, he was not able to calm me down. When Jeff left the room, I hugged my legs and cried. I think everyone in the Glade heard you. I don't really care. All you cared about was Newt. I heard footsteps coming closer. When I looked up I saw Jeff and Minho standing there. Minho kneeled down and looked me into my eyes before hugging me "It's okay, I got you." He whispers. I cry into his shoulder. After about five minutes, he broke our hug and tried to pick me up but I pushed him away "Y/N, come on. You've been here all day, you need some rest. You will turn crazy." He says "I won't leave him Minho. I have to stay here." I tell him. He sighs "Y/N, don't be stubborn." He says "I'm not! I am not leaving him!" I tell him.

*Two Days Later*

Days Passed. I'm still here and Newt is still not waking up. I haven't eaten in two days, I drank only a little bit of water this morning, and I didn't sleep. I didn't even think about closing my eyes for just ten minutes. He never moved or anything. You could only see his chest slowly rising while he was breathing. Sometimes Jeff, Minho or Gally would come in and bring you some water and food. Minho also tried to get you out of the place but you told him to leave you there. I care about Newt. A lot. I actually can't imagine my world without him.

--Flashback--
Newt and I were hanging out in my cabin. We were laughing our butts off "It's true." He says "No. It can't be." I giggle. He was telling me about this dream he had. It's so funny. He suddenly stops laughing. I look at him and stop laughing too "Y/N, when you got me out of the box, you told me I could trust you. That I could tell you everything. That I could trust you." He says "Yeah of course. Is there something you want to tell me?" I ask him. He moves a bit closer "Is it weird if I tell you, you have the most beautiful smile that I have ever seen?" He asks. I blush a little "It's not." I say quietly. He smiles and holds my hands in his "And I love the way you always care for me and the others. You have beautiful eyes that sparkle when you're happy. and you can do that really cute thing with your nose when you're tired." He smiles and brushes his nose against mine. He's so close "Not to mention your soft skin and pink lips." He whispers before he leans in and I could feel his lips brush against mine softly. After a few seconds, we pull away but press our foreheads together "Listen Y/N, I don't care if you don't feel the same way, but...I am in love with you." He whispers "Newt...why are you telling me this now?" I ask him "Because I want you to know in case something happens to me." He tells me "The walls will keep us safe. You know that." I remind him "I know. I just wanted to tell you." He says. I smile a little "Do you, maybe, want to sleep here tonight?" I ask him as I bite my lip softly "S-Sure." He stutters but gives me a gentle smile.
--End of Flashback--

I remember waking up the morning after and Newt being gone. I assumed he was with the others. I feel so stupid that I never went looking for him. I put my hands in my head "I'm so stupid." I whisper "You're not stupid." Someone says. I look up and see Newt trying to sit up. I get up and wrap my arms around him. I let some tears roll down my cheeks and hold him tightly. His arms are wrapped around my lower back. I look at him before pressing my lips against his. He kisses back and holds me tighter. I pull back and hold his face in my hands "I love you too." I whisper. He looks at me and hugs me again "I was so worried about you." I tell him "I'm sorry Y/N...I just couldn't handle it anymore! I wanted to end it all. I don't know how I could've been so shucking selfish! I was willing to leave you alone. I'm sorry." He starts to cry "It's okay. You're safe now." I tell him "You are alive and that's all that matters now." I say and gently brush my lips against his again.