Chapter 127

Chapter 127

Kaito.

Summer vacation started the way it always does, except a few things were different this time around. The bell went and the teacher dismissed us. I had my things all packed up, so all I did was pull on my bag and sprint out of the classroom.

I bolted over to Miku's class and pulled her right out of her seat, carrying her in my arms and running back out, leaving the rest of her class in shock. As I left, I heard somebody shout.

"I told you his ice cream has drugs in it!" The voice yelled.

Huh. I could've sworn I heard the exact same thing not too long ago...

"Kaito, what're you doing?" Miku squeaked as I ran down the stairs with her. She had her arms wrapped around my neck, "Please don't drop me!"

"I'd drop myself first!" I grinned. I ran around the schoolyard with her, laughing and holding her close.

"Eek!" She yelped as I stumbled but regained my balance, "Kaito!"

I put her down and caught my breath. She pulled a water bottle out of her bag and handed it to me.

"The reason I did that," I said between breaths and gulps of water, "Was because I could. Ever since I realized that I loved you as more than a friend, I've dreamed of doing all these things, kissing you, holding your hand, sharing ice cream with you...and I also wanted to do this."

"This?" Se looked up at me.

"This," I nodded, grinning because my princess was just too adorable for words, "I wanted to run out of class as soon as the bell went on the last day of school, sprint to your class, take you in my arms and carry you outside. I just wanted to."

"Kaito," her voice was low, "It's exactly this kind of silliness...that makes me love you more than anyone."

I hugged her. Students stampeded past us, around us, yelling and talking and making plans for the summer.

"Say, Miku, I was thinking...are we going to all go to the beach this year?"

"Hmm...," she looked up at me, "We could."

"Besides, Gumi and Len are going to need the cheering up," I said, "And it'll be fun. Like old times."

"Without Yuma," Miku said. I was quiet.

"Gumi's still got all of us," I said, "And she's thinking of going to the same university, too, right? Besides, they'll be calling each other and..."

"Kaito, if one of us had to move away, I wouldn't be able to survive on just calling you," Miku interrupted me.

"But you could fly over and..."

"Not everyone can afford that."

I swallowed slowly and nodded, trying to put myself in Gumi's shoes.

"The beach is a good idea, though," Miku smiled, "We could definitely plan something..."

Gumi.

It was nearly time to go home when my phone buzzed. It was an email from Yuma.

I just arrived. Phone doesn't work here. Also, I figured you'd be in class right now. I hope you are. Don't skip school because of me, okay?
Anyway, I'm using the airport's wifi. I'm really sleepy.
My dad's going to be outside, waiting to pick us up. I don't know if we have Internet at our new home. Probably do. We can talk online.
You should hang out with Miku and the others. Please, don't miss me anymore.
I'm sorry. That came out the wrong way, but I'm not going to delete it. I just don't want you to be sad. I'm begging you. Please, please, please. Just because I'm not there to see your smile anymore doesn't mean you have to stop, okay?
Besides, I'll still see your face when we talk online.
Anyway, we have to go through the security stuff, whatever it's called.
I love you.