Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Rin.

"It's Saturday tomorrow," I said, looking up at the sky.

Len nodded. "Yeah."

"You're not still angry, are you?" I frowned.

"No, of course not!"

I sighed. The weekend was coming, and it would be just like every other weekend. The housekeeper and gardener would show up, and I'd sit around and do nothing. With all the time I had, I usually finished all my homework during Friday evening and then I'd have two straight days of almost nothing to do. Occasionally, a few of the girls from school would go to the mall or someplace, and they'd invite me to come along, but even that didn't happen often anymore.

"Do you want to come to my place tomorrow?" I looked at Len. He was tying his hair into that cute ponytail of his.

"It's okay, Rin...," he began.

"No, I meant, just for fun," I stopped him from continuing, "There's nothing to do on weekends. I just sit around and do just about nothing."

Len nodded as the bell rang. "Alright," he grinned, getting to his feet, "I'll be there tomorrow in the morning! We still have to have breakfast together, right?"

I laughed. "Len, you're adorable!"

"Wait, do you mean me this time?" He looked even more adorable as he said that.

"Yes, of course I do!" I crossed my arms, "Why would I joke about that?"

"I dunno," he shrugged. I giggled.

As the two of us walked into the school, I looked at Len from the corner of my eye. A faint pink shade took over my face, and I hoped that he didn't notice.

"Alright, I'll be going now," Len waved as he disappeared into his English class. I waved and walked to my math class, thinking about Len and his little palm tree ponytail.

Kaito.

I sat in a meadow with my princess by my side. She was smiling, running a hand through my hair as the wind blew through hers. I kissed her on the nose and then she slapped me with a leek.

"Wake up!" I heard a voice as my eyes shot open and I sat up straight.

"Where am I?" I mumbled, looking around. This place didn't look like my room...or Miku's room, for that matter.

"You're in the nurse's office, you dope!" Miku had her fists planted on the white blanket that was pulled over me, "This is what happens when you don't get proper nutrition!"

I sighed. "No, this is what happens when Miku hits you with a leek when you least expect it."

She scowled. Still pretty, I thought with a grin.

"You should've been expecting it," she said, "And why are you grinning?"

"Were you worried about me, Miku?"

"Of course I was!"

I nodded. "Alright. Just making sure."

She tugged my arm and pulled me out of the bed. "Come on," she said, "We have to get to class."

I nodded. Her eyes were bloodshot, and she looked as though she had been crying.

"I'm sorry," I said once we were in the stairwell. Miku stood a step below me.

"You...you don't have to be," she muttered, "It's my fault. So please...stay the Kaito you've always been."

I nodded, surprised by what she had said. "Okay."

"And don't forget to come and pick me up tomorrow!" She called as I continued heading up. Her class was on the second floor, and mine was on the third.

"I could never forget!" I answered. She nodded and smiled before disappearing.

Luka.

I looked around the class as everyone pulled out their homework. Where was Kaito? It wasn't like him to skip class.

"Rin, have you seen Kaito?" I asked.

She nodded. "I saw him before lunch."

There was a knock at the door. I turned to see Kaito leaning against the door. My heart fluttered in ten different directions, all at once.

"Kaito, you're late," I said, walking up to him.

"Sorry," he frowned, "I was in the nurse's office."

I sighed. "At least you're alright. I won't mark you late today."

He nodded. I noticed the bandage on his forehead. Gasping, I pulled him closer and examined his head.

"Kaito, you got hit on the head?" I asked, pushing his hair back so that I could get a good look at the bandage, "What happened?"

He squirmed this way and that. "Nothing, Ms. Luka, I just fell in the hall and got knocked out for a while! I'm fine now!"

Knocked out? That was even worse. "You shouldn't even attend class today, Kaito! Go home and get some rest!"

"I'm fine, I swear!"

"Do it or I'll give you a mark of zero on that test we had on Monday!" I warned him, "Don't worry, I'll mark you as here anyway."

"Isn't that lying?" He rubbed his head.

"Just go home and rest!" I yelled, "And don't worry about next period, either!"

He nodded and left the class. I crossed my arms. Clearly, something was not right with that boy.