Chapter 103

Chapter 103

Luka.

I took a shower and wrapped a towel around my figure swiftly, pulling the hairdryer out of my closet and plugging it into an outlet by my bed. I sat down and sighed, turning the appliance on. Warm air gusted, sweeping through my pink hair as I dried it, humming to myself and thinking about Gakupo.

Right there, in the middle of the hall, I had yelled out my feelings, I had let it all out. Did I really love him? I used to hate him so much, but now, I was feeling completely different. Just thinking about him made my heart beat faster and faster.

Once my hair was dry, I stood up and walked over to the window, sweeping aside the blinds and peering through at the darkening sky. I glanced back at the digital clock on my bedside table, its green digits glowing, making me smile.

It was nearly eight. I pulled my arm away from the window and walked over to my closet, pulling a black shirt and dark blue skirt out. I let my towel drop to the floor before changing into my clothes.

Once I was done, I sat down at the dressing table and put a little bit of makeup on. Too much wasn't a good idea, I decided, because I never wore makeup at school, and that was where Gakupo had first seen me, years ago. I sighed, looking at my reflection with a weak smile. It seemed so long ago, and it was, but everything had changed over the course of a month.

I was about to get up when my phone rang, startling me. I picked it up and quickly put it against my ear.

"Hello?" I said.

"Luka, it's me," Gakupo's voice made me grin uncontrollably. I was completely under his spell, "Are you ready?"

"Just about," I said, "Come on over. I'll be ready in a few minutes."

"Actually, I'm already here," he said with a soft chuckle. I gasped and hung up, dashing down the stairs and throwing open the entrance door.

He was standing right there, on the steps, only inches away from me. I exhaled, a little out of breath from my mad dash, pulling back slowly, my fingers curled around the edges of the doorframe.

"Hey," Gakupo smiled. I blushed and nodded, smiling just at the sight of him.

"Come on in," I said, moving aside and letting him in. He nodded and stepped into my home.

"I'm sorry," he shook his head, "I'm earlier than we planned."

"No, no," I assured, walking past him and grabbing my purse off of the dining table. I looked down at my feet. My socks had little kitty faces on them.

"Those are cute," Gakupo's eyes followed my gaze and my head snapped back up, "Your socks, I mean."

"T-Thank you," I nodded, "Just let me get my shoes on."

My face and figure felt hot and prickly as I walked past the Gakupo and stuffed my feet into my shoes. They weren't even going in, probably because I was so nervous.

"Here, let me help," Gakupo crouched down by my feet and pulled the flats onto them, one hand gently pressed against my heel, pushing my foot forward. Some part of my mind flashed a picture of Cinderella and her prince, making me blush even more. I lost my balance and fell back.

"I told you I'd catch you," Gakupo smiled, looking down at me. He had caught me in his arms, just an inch or so away from the caramel coloured carpet. He helped me up and I smiled.

"Thank you," I beamed, "I'm sorry, my face is so red..."

"No, it's fine," Gakupo said softly. I could barely see him, the way my bangs fell over my face. Suddenly, his hand cut through my hair and stroked it gently, pushing it over behind one ear, "Better than fine. It's...cute."