Chapter 10

Chapter 10
If anyone isn't enjoying First Person point of view, tell me and I might end up switching. Personally, I feel that you can learn more about the characters and it's better overall when I tell it from the character's POV.

Len.

I wasn't going to be late today. I woke up earlier than usual, caught the cat before it could take my pants again, fed the cat, fed myself, and left the house. Rin would get to see the more responsible side of me now.

It's true; I rarely showed up at school on time, but when it came to other things, I was very responsible. I always fed the cat on time, and since my mom was rarely around, I kept the house and kitchen clean. I ironed my clothes and washed them, too, and I made sure we always had bananas in the house. I made sure we had other fruit, too, but bananas were top priority.

"Hey, hey Yuma!" I covered my mouth after calling his name. He stopped walking and turned to look at me. He had a guitar case strapped to his back, but some part of me wondered whether he also had a weapon of some sort...

Yuma raised his palm in the air, one hand still in his pocket. "Yo," he said with a straight face, tugging at his hat.

All of a sudden, I felt at a loss for words. I didn't want to bring up Rin with him, even though he claimed to like Gumi once upon a time. So I started a lame conversation.

"The...weather's pretty nice, isn't it?" I stammered, walking alongside him.

"Mm," that was all he let out. He wasn't even looking my way.

"A-And I heard Miku's working on a song about springtime! You know...a new one. That's different and not like the old ones..."

"You're just trying to make small talk, aren't you, Len?" He said flatly. I shivered, surprised.

"I'm..."

"Look, you can have Rin, okay?" He said, "I don't know what's up with me, I just...you wouldn't understand."

I frowned. "Maybe I would," I said.

"I just didn't want to be hurt when Gumi would say no."

"You mean if she said no," I corrected, "Because she didn't, and she wouldn't have, if you would've asked her back when you liked her."

Yuma sighed. "I'm not normally this gloomy, Len," he finally turned to look at me as he spoke, "You and Kaito and all this stuff has really gotten me down. It's not easy to get over someone, let alone getting yourself to like someone else."

"I don't think I could ever do that," I said honestly, and then I put a hand on Yuma's shoulder, "But you're strong. You still held onto Gumi, and when she came for you, you were still there."

"...I guess you could look at it that way," the corners of Yuma's mouth began to curl up into a smile.

Kaito.

I didn't mind coming to school early. Sleep wasn't something I needed very often, and besides, I liked greeting friends and teachers.

Sometimes, however, the teachers greeted me. A little too much, in one particular case. I saw the pink haired teacher from the corner of my eye, and for a second, I actually considered running away.

"Good morning, Kaito!" She said, hurrying towards me, a binder in one hand and a cup of coffee on the other. I took a step back but that didn't stop her from squeezing the air out me in what was more of death's embrace than her's.

"Ugh...good morning, Ms. Luka," I struggled to say, plastered against her. Finally she let go.

"Aren't you looking handsome today, young man," she winked. I looked away.

"Y-You look nice, too, Ms. Luka...," I muttered. I guess, but some teal pigtails would do wonders to your appearance, this part I only thought to myself.

"You'll be in class today, won't you, Kaito?" She was awfully close to my face when she said that, smelling of chocolate ice cream. Yes, she bought chocolate ice cream scented perfume specifically because she knew I liked ice cream. I had never told her that, though, and that's not the only thing she knew about me without me telling her...

"O-Of course, miss!" I said, taking a step back, "I'm always in class!"

"Don't let me down today, hon," she whispered, and then finally, finally, walked away. I exhaled, feeling my skin finally beginning to cool down.

"Lady giving you problems?" I heard a voice from behind. I turned to see a young man with hair that was sort of turquoise, standing in a swank pose.

"Yeah," I sighed once Ms. Luka was put of sight, "Mikuo, she's the freakiest woman alive."

"She digs you," Mikuo frowned, walking up to me, "A little too much."

That much was obvious; I was terrified of what she would do to Miku if...

"You wanna hang out by the river after school today, Kaito?" Mikuo interrupted my thoughts, "We haven't hung out since forever."

I used to be really good friends with Mikuo. He was probably my closest friend, actually, but life has a way of pulling closely knit friends apart.

"Sure," I smiled, "It's true, when was the last time we hung out?"

"I really don't remember, dude, but I will this time!" Mikuo and I high-fived exuberantly. He turned around and began walking down the hall when a girl with teal pigtails crashed into him.

"Whoa, sorry!" I heard Mikuo apologize. I walked up to the scene. Miku looked up at him, her books splayed across the floor of the hall.

"Are you alright?" I asked Miku, offering her my hand.

"I'm fine," she whispered, rubbing her nose. I saw her eyes from under her bangs, looking at me, then at Mikuo. We were both offering her our hands. Which, in all honesty, looked kind of awkward.

"Er, I, well...I guess it's his fault, so...yeah," I stammered, pulling my hand back.

Mikuo and I exchanged glances. Miku took his hand and got to her feet. She brushed off her skirt and pushed her hair out of her eyes.

"You're not hurt, are you?" Mikuo frowned, examining Miku.

Miku.

That was a stupid mistake! Kaito have been rubbing off on me. How else could I just bump right into Mikuo like that?

Mikuo had the nicest hair that I had ever seen. His eyes shone blindingly, even in the cruddy white lighting of the hall. He loved leeks as much as I did.

"Hello?" He called, waving a hand in front of my face, "Miku, you there?"

I shook my head free of my thoughts. "Yes! I'm here!" I said quickly, turning away before he could see how red my face was becoming, "And I'm okay! Thank you!"

I ran off in the opposite direction.

Mikuo.

Miku gets weird like that sometimes. I don't think it's the leeks, because I'm just as crazy about them as she is, but something's up. I looked at Kaito, who just stood there as if he was looking at ghost where Miku was two seconds ago.

"Alright, I'm...going to get to class now, Kaito," I shook his shoulder to get his attention.

He turned to look at me. "Yeah, sure," he said. His mind seemed to be somewhere else, "See you after school."

Yeah, I wasn't going to have Mikuo in this story, but whatever, here's my interpretation of him. Hope you enjoyed! Comment, vote, tell me, who do you think the other pairings are/should be? I've already worked all the pairings out, so I'm interested in seeing what you guys think will happen!