Chapter 72

Chapter 72

Meiko.

I frowned as I opened the front door of my house and looked at Mikuo. He stood there with his skateboard under one arm, smiling at me and trying to make me all sentimental.

"I wanted to jump from my bedroom window," I mumbled as he put an arm around me.

"You know that'd get me stressed out," he said softly, tilting my chin up and kissing me quickly.

"You're such a tease," I pushed him back playfully with the flat of my hand. He grinned and put his skateboard down. I followed, and then we began racing down the streets.

"How was the meeting?" He asked.

I smiled. "It was great being with the rest of the gang," I said.

"What're you planning on singing?"

"Haven't decided yet," I shrugged as we swerved into the schoolyard.

"We're not late, are we?" Mikuo checked his wristwatch as we entered the building. I shook my head.

"Just on time," I said. He nodded and we stopped in a corner.

"Time to split," he said, smiling wistfully.

I raked my fingers across his face. "Yup," I said softly, "See you at lunch."

"Right," Mikuo scanned the area quickly before giving me another quick kiss.

"Tease!" I smirked as he walked away. I sighed and headed to class. Mr. Gakupo was probably going to be away again.

Gakupo.

I groaned, scratching my butt just before sitting down. Meiko came in right after, walking backwards and waving to somebody. As soon as she turned around, she gaped at the sight of me. I blew out a puff of air, frowning at her.

She ran up to me and hugged me. I nearly screamed.

"Mr. Gakupo, where have you been?" She cried out, pulling away. I wasn't sure if she was sad or happy.

"I wasn't feeling well," I said as she took a seat beside me, eyes wide and listening intently. I sighed and started my story from the top, "See, I sort of asked Ms. Megurine out on a date last week..."

Miriam.

The start of lunch break was always a crazy rush, and as my friends and I pushed through the crowds of students, we discussed our plans for the weekend.

"I've got so much homework," Mew groaned, "I know I'll probably spend all weekend watching television or surfing the Internet, and that just makes me feel worse."

"What about you?" I looked at my other friend. She was focusing intently on her cell phone, so I asked again, "Neru?"

"Shh, I see a cute blondie in the area," she pressed a finger to her lips as Mew and I saw that she was taking pictures of Len. He was a few feet away, also trying to get through the crowd.

"Doesn't he like someone already?" I asked. Neru shrugged.

"Doesn't he sit in the back of your history class?" Mew frowned.

"Oh...," Neru looked up at her, realization dawning on her. The crowds began to dissipate, "Then I'll have the chance to confess to him right after lunch!"

"Confess?" I raised an eyebrow of concern, "You don't even know him that well!"

Neru spun around and planted her hands firmly on her hips. "A date is a great way to get to know someone!"