Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Gakupo.

I put on my best suit that night. As I stood in front of the mirror and tied my hair, I couldn't help but smile a stupid sort of grin. Me! Luka! Together! Having dinner! Talking about Kaito!

Okay, maybe that last part wasn't so romantic. In fact, I'd like it of it didn't even happen, but whatever. This was still a chance for me to make some progress! I winked at the handsome fellow in the mirror.

"Looking good, Gakupo," I grinned. I spun on my heels and left the house.

I don't like to brag, but I had an awesome car. It comes with the awesome salary of being a teacher, as well as with the coolness I exuded naturally everywhere I went.

My car was a sleek, black beauty, with shining white headlights and comfortable seats, as well as one hell of a sound system. I got in and exhaled.

"Okay, man, you're just going to call up Luka Megurine," I started talking to myself, "...The cutest chick ever. And you're going to pick her up and take her to a classy restaurant. You gotta play it cool, man, or things won't work out!"

And then I pulled out my phone and dialled Luka's number.

Luka.

I was getting dressed when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I put it on speakerphone and began putting a dress on.

"H-Hi, Luka!" I cringed slightly at the sound of Gakupo's voice, "It's me."

"I can tell," I said, biting back the word 'stupid'. I adjusted my dress. It was a simple black dress with straps that hugged my figure a little. The neckline wasn't deep; it went down just a little past my collarbone.

Why do I care so much about how I look?

"When do you want me to pick you up?" Gakupo's voice sounded a little shaky.

"Just come on by," I answered, brushing my coral-pink hair, "I'm almost ready."

"Alright."

I hung up and put my hairbrush down, pushing my hair past my ears and behind my face.

"Looking good, Luka," I muttered to myself, "Ugh, that sounds like something Gakupo would say...why am I going out for dinner with him again?"

I was asking myself that, but I already knew the answer. Kaito. The poor, wonderful, beautiful angel who had seemed so troubled for the last few days. I was going because of him.

And in that case, I was perfectly fine with going.

I grabbed my purse and pulled a pale pink cardigan over myself. As I stepped out, the summer wind blew in my face and made the loose ends of the cardigan sway.

"Okay, door locked, toaster unplugged, stoves off," I counted off the things on my fingers as I waited for Gakupo on my doorstep, "I think that's everything..."

A black car slithered down the street, and I didn't even consider for a second that it could be Gakupo's.

But it was. I stared the car, mouth wide open, as Gakupo stepped out, wearing a suit and holding flowers. He smiled at me and took my hand.

"I hope I'm not late," he smiled.

I scowled. "You know how corny this is, right?"

"I'll do better next time," Gakupo answered as he led me to my seat.

"There won't be a next time!"

Gakupo just laughed. "We'll see."

I crossed my arms and sat in my seat. The only thing of his that actually impressed me was his car, and that was it.

But then why'd I dress up? I frowned. Right. This is for Kaito.

"So, where should we go?" Gakupo asked once he was in his seat. He drummed his fingers against the steering wheel.

I kept scowling. "There's this place about twenty minutes from here, where they sell Chinese food."

Gakupo's eyes widened, "You like Chinese food? I like Chinese food!"

I groaned. Great. Wonderful. We have something in common.

That was sarcasm, of course. Still, I was a civilized young woman, and I had to behave like one. I didn't like Gakupo, but it was still nice of him to be so concerned about me and Kaito.

Or maybe he was just trying to make some advances towards me. Either way, I was getting Chinese for dinner, and I couldn't say no to that.

"So, Luka," Gakupo started up again after a little while, "How are your students?"

I shrugged. "They're okay," I said flatly, "Except for the ones that don't do their homework. It's math, you have to do your homework if you want good grades."

Gakupo chuckled. "Yeah," he said, "Sometimes I guess it's hard to find the time, right?"

"The time?"

"The time to do your homework," Gakupo said, "Teachers have no coordination, and sometimes there are multiple assignments or evaluations in a single day."

"I guess," I frowned, "What are you trying to say?"

He grinned. "We should coordinate our teaching schedules."

I rolled my eyes. He was going to have to try harder than that.

Gakupo dresses to impress! Will Luka fall for him, slowly but surely? And what about poor Miku, and Kaito, who has no idea what she's going through?
Tomorrow, it will be Saturday in Spectrum of Yellows, and that means...you guys will see what I'm talking about...next time!

See you soon! Vote, comment, share and support!