Chapter 88

Chapter 88

Miku.

Soon after, everyone left, one by one. I stayed by Kaito as the doctors stitched his forehead, comforting him even though he said that it didn't hurt.

"You won't even see a mark in a couple of years," the doctor assured.

Kaito nodded cooly, and I shook the doctor's hand.

"Thank you," I nearly cried again, "Thank you so much."

I helped Kaito walk. I threw his arm over my shoulder and led him out of the hospital.

The sun was almost gone, and a chilly wind blew across the streets as we stood outside the hospital, by the parking lot. We stared out at the road and Kaito rested his head on my shoulder.

"Are we going to walk?" He frowned.

"We should've gotten Yuma's mom to drop us off," I grimaced, "But we can call Jeremy."

"You mean that chauffeur?"

"Yeah," I pulled my phone out and called Jeremy, "Yo, 'sup Jeremy, I am in desperate need with a capital d of you down here, my homie. My boy and I are chillin' out my the Northtown Hospital with wounded heads and broken hearts."

Kaito stared at me. "What was all that about?"

"Look, I...I don't know," I shrugged, "It's part of the contract."

Jeremy came by in that nice limo, and I was still wearing my bloody pyjamas.

"Here," Kaito grunted and started to wriggle out of his shirt, but I stopped him.

"It's okay," I smiled, "It's fine."

"Y-You sure?"

I nodded. "I'm sure."

We got into the back and Kaito shifted his leg slowly. I scooted into one corner and pulled him over.

"Lie down," I said, pushing his head into my lap and stretching out his legs along the length of the seat.

"That feels better," he mumbled with a smile.

"Your leg's stretched out you mean, right?"

"Nope," he shook his head and looked up at me, "I feel better because I'm lying in your lap.

I blushed. "Hey Kaito...do you remember our kiss? The one after I called the ambulance?"

He shook his head and paused. "Just barely," he smiled, "Why? Does that mean that you're not going to kiss me again?"

"Of course not," I cradled his head in my hands and lowered my own head so that our noses touched and our lips brushed against each other's.

"You're pretty up close," Kaito whispered, running his tongue along my lips and making me blush, "You're always pretty..."

I kissed him, closing my eyes and opening my mouth, digging my hands into his hair as we plunged deeper and deeper, as his tongue entered my mouth and danced with mine. He ran a slow finger along my jaw and the length of my neck, pulling back after grazing the base of my neck.

He pulled away for a moment and sat up as straight as he could, and then pulled me closer again, letting our lips marry. He stroked my hair and ran his tongue along my teeth, and I couldn't help but cry out slightly at the touch of his fingers just under my top, running along my hips.

We were at my home before I knew it. Time had flown by as we had indulged in each other.

"I shouldn't have done that," he whispered before we left the limo. I shook my head.